Four of Deutsche Grammophon’s legendary recordings collected in one exceptional app to give you unparalleled insight into an iconic piece.
• Compare the performances: Listen to four recordings of the piece spanning 50 years, and switch seamlessly between them with a touch – at any point in the music – to hear a note start in one decade and finish in another.
• Discover the BeatMap: This groundbreaking visualization of the performances shows different sections of the orchestra pulse in time with the music.
• Explore the music: Beethoven’s 9th Symphony lets you immerse yourself in Beethoven’s late masterpiece – follow the score or the 1825 manuscript, precisely synchronized to the music.
Bonus features available on your iPad:
• Join the experts: Watch over 90 minutes of specially filmed insights from musicians, writers and great conductors including John Eliot Gardiner, Gustavo Dudamel and members of the Berliner Philharmoniker.
• The story of the symphony: The app also features a book on Beethoven and the Ninth Symphony, plus two levels of real-time analysis and commentary by the pianist, composer and broadcaster David Owen Norris.
If you enjoy Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, don’t forget to rate it and leave a review – it really helps!
Optimisations for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
The application comes dead when I press conductor's window. To make the money worth, please fix it as soon as possible.
Classical Auditory Joy
This has to be my favorite app by a long shot. What a joy to be able to be a fly on the wall, as it were, to listen to such a wide variety of musical giants interpolate and pull apart and explain and guide the listener through this most wonderful music. To be able to compare and listen for the intricate differences between conductors expression and to now be able to listen to this music with much deeper and fuller understanding. What a privilege to have been exposed to this rich education and to come back to it again and again. Worth every cent. The app works beautifully and allows you to switch around and come at the music from so many different directions. Thank you to the creators of this app for bringing me such joy for deepening my experience of my favorite music.
As a classical music listener and amateur pianist, there is one thing I love above all else: reading the score as the music plays. This app, like The Orchestra app, takes that experience to a higher plane. The video commentaries are insightful and polished. And the text is worth reading, especially given the embedded music clips that amplify key ideas.
Five stars because it is the benchmark by which all other music apps will and should be measured. Meticulous, engaging, and with four recordings of Beethoven's 9th, only one of which I have, this was worth five times what it cost.
Touchpress, keep these coming.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Amphio Limited
- 2 GB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Classical Apps Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Full Experience $7.99
- The Full Beethoven Experience $7.99
- Full Experience (iPhone discount) $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.