Best of Gary & George
By Penguin Random House Australia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris Australia’s two favourite chefs and restaurateurs guide you through a feast of classic recipes, with step-by-step instructions, gorgeous colour photography and exclusive videos. ‘THE BEST OF GARY AND GEORGE’ will be the hero of your next dinner party!
Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris, judges on ‘MasterChef Australia’ and ‘Junior MasterChef Australia’, welcome you into their kitchen in this app with all the trimmings. There’s something here for everyone:
• Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for 50 classic dishes
• Fully illustrated with beautiful photography
• Gary and George share expert tips in seven videos
• Learn fantastic new kitchen skills: how to French-trim lamb shanks, prepare fresh mussels, blind-bake pastry, make perfect caramel and much more
• One-touch function to create instant shopping lists
• All recipes searchable by ingredient
• Share your favorite dishes direct via Facebook, Twitter or Email
• Extensive photographic glossary of ingredients and kitchen tools
ABOUT GARY MEHIGAN
Gary Mehigan is an award-winning Melbourne-based restaurateur with two decades of experience as a chef. He started his career in London, and then moved to Melbourne in 1991, where he worked in a number of prominent restaurants such as Browns, Burnham Beeches Country House and Hotel Sofitel. He opened Fenix, in 2000, followed by The Maribyrnong Boathouse, in 2005. Gary is also author of the cookbook ‘Comfort Food’, co-author of ‘Your Place or Mine?’ and ‘Cook With Us’ and is known across Australia as one of the MasterChef judges.
ABOUT GEORGE CALOMBARIS
George Calombaris was voted one of the 'Top 40 chefs of Influence in the World' in 2004 by The Global Food and Wine Magazine, and he continues to live up to this acclaim. He owns several restaurants in Melbourne, The Press Club, Maha, Hellenic Republic, P M 24, Little Press & Cellar, St Katherine's and Mama Baba, as well as consulting for The Belvedere Club restaurant in Mykonos, Greece. George is the co-author of ‘Your Place or Mine?’, ‘Cook With Us’ and author of ‘Georgie Porgie’, ‘Greek Cookery from the Hellenic Heart’ and ‘The Press Club: Modern Greek Cookery’. He is also a judge on ‘MasterChef Australia’ and ‘Junior MasterChef Australia’.
What's New in Version 1.3
Update for iOS7 and aesthetic improvements
The usual rubbish from penguin
I would normally give this app 3 stars, but on trying a few recipes it was obvious they have not been trailed. If you doubt me cook the Laksa for 4 people.
A cynical crappy app. They've just taken a book or books they've owned, used a bad generic cooking app and just chucked it online.
The recipes you did get right are okay, but you don't deserve any sales for the arrogance and disregard you've shown to your customers.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 13 December 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 121 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Penguin Random House Australia Pty Limited
- © 2016 Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.