Accordance® is a fast and powerful Bible study app that lets you read, search, and explore the Bible.
• Read the Bible and follow along with a commentary or your own study notes
• Compare two Bible translations side by side that will scroll in sync with one another
• Follow a Bible reading plan
• Take notes and highlights that will sync with the desktop version of Accordance
• Search the Bible for words or verses
• Search the Bible using powerful tags and commands
• Search Greek and Hebrew Bibles (samples included) by lemma, inflected form, or root
• Press and hold when reading to bring up the magnifying glass, then select a word to view Instant Details (definition and/or parsing if available)
• Look up unfamiliar words in Bible dictionaries and lexicons
• Tap on hyperlinked verse references to view the full passage in the Instant Details popover
The following free resources are included in your initial download of Accordance:
• ESV Bible with Strong’s numbers (ESVi)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• Samples of the Greek New Testament and Hebrew Bible
• Easton’s Bible Dictionary
• Outlines of each book of the Bible
• Margin notes and cross-references
• Bible Lands PhotoGuide Sampler
• Kohlenberger/Mounce Concise Hebrew–Aramaic Dictionary
• Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary
If you register an Accordance account, you will also be able to download a free iOS Starter collection including:
• The 1901 American Standard Version (ASV)
• French: Louis Segond Bible
• German Elberfelder 1905
• German Lutherbibel 1912
• Greek and Hebrew Strong's Dictionaries
• Hitchcock's Dictionary of Bible Names
• Nave's Topical Bible
• Portuguese Bible: João Ferreira De Almeida Atualizada (ALMEIDA)
• Spanish 1909 Reina Valera with Strong's numbers
• Dr. J's Bible Study Methods
• Maps Sampler
• Timeline Sampler
• Chronological Readings
• Devotional Readings
• Classic Passages
• Parables & Miracles
If you would like to add more resources to your library, Accordance has an extensive collection of Bibles and study tools available for purchase. These materials range from Christian classics to Jewish publications to high-end reference works to the Dead Sea Scrolls in Hebrew. Whatever your Bible study needs may be, Accordance has you covered.
Questions or comments? Come join the discussion in our support forums at https://accordance.bible/forums/
Bible Study with Accordance v. 2.7.4 delivers improvements to Active Highlighting, image captions, and support for secondary panes with a different verse scheme.
Also, we’ve improved page turning, popovers on iPads, and implemented a number of needed bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome, but needs improvement.
This is absolutely my favourite app for bible and biblical resources. Perhaps because it is the app I use more than any other—it is quite important to me—The little things that are annoying are amplified? So while the app is great, here are some things about this app that thorougly cause irritation.
1. On the iPad, you can only open two resources at a time. (compared to the desktop version where you can open more than to). This limits the ability to compare/contrast texts, articles, books, commentaries at the same time, forcing the user to use a clunky menu to switch between resources to do comparisons.
2. The method provided to switch resources is clunky. There are 3-4 taps and typing on the keyboard just to switch from one resource to another. (It inserts a recently used resource list you have to tap through before you can start typing the name of the resource you want. For some reason, the recently used resources list almost never contains what I am looking for.)
3. Workflows that are simple in the desktop app, are impossible in the iOS version. For example. For example: Try and pull up a list of all journal articles that refer to a particular bible passage.
4. The icon is now red, it feels like a giant red stop button
All up, this is an amazing app. Please improve it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and your specific suggestions. We are always taking our customer's feedback in mind when designing and updating the app.
On searching in iOS: it would be great to see chapter and verse for each hit. I choose paragraph style for text display, but then my search hits don’t show full reference, which is pointless. It is also cumbersome to go back to where I was after a search. I do not only search to go to another passage. Sometimes I just want to see it and go back. The process is frustrating.
On layout: I will continue to express my frustration about the lack of translator headings in texts. I know that they are not in the original texts, but neither are the chapters and verses and notations and punctuation, which you are able to include. Even my printed Greek Testament has headings in it. Why is this such an issue for you people? It would be wonderful, when reading large sections of Scripture, or scrolling through a book to find a section, to have the option of those headings so that my only option is not to do a cumbersome search.
Time to pick up the game
I realise Accordance has limited staff resources, but in 2018 this app could be so much more. If you use Accordance on a Mac or PC (and you should, it’s 5 stars) this app is the only way to get your modules on mobile, otherwise move on.
The UI is extremely inefficient. Lots of wasted space and navigation is just a horrible experience. It shouldn’t be this hard.
With modern mobile platforms, Accordance could do so much more. Sure, you’re not going to use all the features of the desktop on an iPad, and certainly not a phone, but many of the features are useful and have been implemented in other apps. Research-like functionality and true split screen (to create multiple workspaces) would be a start.
Also, as Accordance promotes more books, it needs to improve the book reading experience, too.
Look, I love Accordance and use it daily on both desktop and mobile, but it’s becoming frustrating on the latter.
- OakTree Software, Inc.
- 249.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 OakTree Software, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Greek New Testament (tagged, based on NA28) $89.99
- NRSV with Strong's numbers $30.99
- New Living Translation-Second Edition $22.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.