On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
Good news! We've made your Bible Plan reminder notifications a lot smarter.
And we added back the ability to resize Bible text boxes on your Verse Images.
Bug fixes and performance improvements and we added Myanmar (Zawgyi) and Sorani Kurdish localizations.
Ratings and Reviews
Unusable on iPhone X
Claims iPhone X support in numerous updates but this app keeps crashing and freezing. Whenever I switch to a different app and switch back to this bible app, the entire app freezes and I have to restart the app. This happens 100% of the time (no exaggeration at all). Whenever the app gets restarted (i.e. reloads with the ‘youversion’ loading splash screen) it takes about 9-10 seconds to load. This is absolutely ridiculous on any iPhone - let alone the new iPhone X, which only indicates one thing - the app isn’t fully optimised for the iPhone X. Although the screenshots seem to show that the app accommodates for the new iPhone x screen size, it is clearly not optimised in terms of performance. Just because an app acclimated for the new iPhone X screen, doesn’t necessarily mean it is supported - there are A LOT of under the hood tweaks that need to be done in order for an app to be optimised for iPhone X. This only shows to me that the bible app developers are lazy. Please fix this issue because for now, this app is deleted from my iPhone until a proper update is released to fix this.
Also another suggestion: since the Bible contains COUNTLESS of words that nobody knows the meaning of, it would be a fantastic idea to allow users to define INDIVIDUAL words using the embedded iPhone dictionary’s ‘define’ option when highlighting a word.
Nevertheless, a wonderful job on the aesthetics of this app - the best there is on the App Store :))
There is something very special about this App that has me intrigued. I don’t like writing reviews, I find it time consuming and a waste of my time!!!! I don’t consider myself as crazy or fanatical about reading the bible, but I must admit this app has grown on me. It helps me tremendously in my Spiritual journey. This app seems to have a life of its own. It is now part of my Spiritual connection with the living God. In fact, this is the only app in my phone collection that I simply cannot bring myself to deleting. The more I use it, the more it sticks to me. I tell myself: I must investigate this app more fully, it has more depth, more width, and even more layers of wisdom that anyone person can ever get through in a lifetime. It’s not just because of its clever design, but it’s because of the message that’s it carries within its pages for all of man kind. LAST WARNING: This app only works if you use it and pray with it as you read. May this app bless you with the HOLY SPIRIT as it continues to bless me and my family 😊🙏
SO I GIVE IT 10 STARS
🌟 🌟 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Will Be an Awesome App when Tweaked.
I like how I can have my Bible with me, & flick from verse to verse during church etc. Though flicking would be a lot easier if the verse numbers were down the side of the page. Then in long chapters I could easily skip to another part of the chapter rather than scrolling through. It would be faster & more accurate.
I don't like how I have to be signed in to highlight a passage. Why must I sign in to use my Bible? (I had another app on my old phone & have thought several times about reinstalling that as I can highlight & make notes to my heart's content... without even being internet connected! Many times I am out of service & cannot highlight or make notes, simply because I cannot log in.) This app has better version choices though.
The other issue I would like to see resolved, is being able to highlight a word or partial text as oftentimes one word has significant meaning and requires a highlight or note.
With these 3 things fixed, this would be the perfect Bible app.
- 130.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Life.Church
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.