Body Condition Scoring Tool
By Dairy Australia
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
If you are a dairy farmer using a seasonal or split calving system who wants to take greater control of your herd’s feeding and nutrition, then this app is for you.
Use it to get a standardised measure of your cows’ body energy and protein reserves at critical times during their lactation cycle, and assess your herd’s:
• previous level of feeding
• likely future production and fertility
• future feed requirements
Designed in consultation with dairy farmers and nutrition advisors, this is a must-have app for measuring and managing body condition score.
Stay in control of herd nutrition with the Dairy Australia Body Condition Scoring Tool.
- Can be used for multiple farms and cow groups. Very flexible, can be used on all farms by farmers and advisors.
- Designed for use at the most important stages of the annual lactation cycle. Enables you to assess previous level of feeding and plan ahead at key times.
- Simple 2 step “hands off” scoring method. Only takes seconds to score each cow.
- Large graphics and photos provided for each score. Users can score groups of cows accurately and consistently.
- Choice of 3 scoring methods to suit beginners, intermediate and advanced users. You can use the method you are comfortable with, and change method as you gain proficiency
- Herd results provided instantly after each scoring event, with suggested actions to consider. You can immediately consider results and decide what actions you wish to take.
- Ability to enter your own comments with results of each scoring event. These comments are stored for future reference.
- Results summary is emailed to you and anyone else you wish for your records. Provides a permanent record stored elsewhere in case you lose your smartphone.
- Automatic reminder for when next scoring event is due (optional). Saves you from having to remember when each cow group should next be scored.
- Notes on key aspects of body condition scoring. Provides important information to help you get the most value from body condition scoring.
What's New in Version 1.20
New Icon and iOS8 compatability
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 21 May 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dairy Australia Limited
- © Dairy Australia Limited 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.