Boomerang from Instagram makes everyday moments fun and unexpected. Create captivating mini videos that loop back and forth, then share them with your friends.
Find something (or someone!) that's moving, or create a video selfie by switching to the front-facing camera. There’s just one button. Tap it once and Boomerang does the rest: shoots a burst of 10 photos and turns them into a delightful mini video. Share it on Facebook and Instagram right from the app, or save your video to your camera roll to share later.
* Take mini videos of your life and yourself using the front and back facing camera.
* Download and start capturing immediately. No sign up or account required.
* There's just one button! The app takes 10 photos and stitches them together, speeds up the video and smooths out any bumps, then loops it back and forth.
* Share your videos on Instagram and Facebook right from the app, or share them later from your camera roll.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing basic feature
I was genuinely shocked this app did not provide the ability to create looped gifs from the camera roll! That is the only reason I downloaded this app. Upon seeing such a basic and expected feature completely missing I deleted the app straight away. I don’t want to have to go through the fuss of using a completely separate app when I want to loop my videos. Usually the thought to loop a video doesn’t come until later, and by then I will be too late. Perhaps I took the video on another app like Snapchat and wanted to create this effect, but again, I would be unable to because of the lack of camera roll compatibility.
If you added this feature there would be no need to add a timer either; another feature that is missing but under high demand.
I’m very surprised and disappointed that you would bother to make an app without such a basic feature.
Ummmm... Yeah it’s pretty bad
It won’t let me turn videos into boomerangs. When I want to upload a video to Instagram it gives me the option to convert it into a boomerang. However, when I click it and it takes me to the app it only gives me the option to take a boomerang from either the front or rear camera. Ummmmm... can this please be fixed or something. It is mildly infuriating and by mildly I mean a lot. I mean if you want to waste storage on an app that does everything that you can do within Instagram then go for. Otherwise, this app is completely useless and isn’t even a necessary accessory to Instagram.
I totes luv making funny vids on this app, it is perfect for all ages, you can post the vids on insta and get like a million likes, I previously posted a really cute one and got 20 more followers from it. The person who thought of this app is pure genius and they will grow up to be a scientist or professional app maker. By Zoe 10 years of age🤞🏻💜🦄🥩
- Instagram, Inc.
- 21.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.