The BorrowBox app makes it easy to browse, borrow and read or listen to your library’s eBooks and eAudiobooks anywhere, everywhere.
If BorrowBox is available through your local library you can simply login with your member details to access the library’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
* Grouped by age category
* Browse by genre or by specially curated lists
* Quickly find new releases
* Search by title, author, narrator, series and genre
* Easily find similar titles you might want to read or listen to
* Read and listen to previews
* Get more info about the author and narrator
* Borrow instantly or reserve for later
* View current loans and reserves
* View loan history
* Renew or return ebook and audiobook loans whenever you want
* Automatic deletion of expired loans, no overdue fees
READING & LISTENING
* Offline reading and listening
* Automatically saves your current position in the ebook and audiobook
* Lock screen widget for quick and easy playback control of audiobooks
* Play audiobooks in the background while using other apps
* Adds 30s skip buttons to player controls within iOS Control Center
* Adds support for latest Apple Watch generation
* Enables use of headset controls while the app is in the foreground
* Fixes pause button of AirPods and Bluetooth headsets not working on some devices
* Improves download handling in case of connection issues
* Improves network connectivity in watchOS app
Ratings and Reviews
Hoping for extra features
I use BorrowBox almost solely for audiobooks and it’s very handy in that respect. But a few extra features could go a long way.
I’d love to see an easy way to add books to a wish list; my library has audiobooks across three different apps, so being able to add things to a wish list would make it easier to see the selection at a glance. This also works for when I want to borrow a book in the future but don’t want to place a hold/borrow it right now and use up some of my limited loans.
I’d also like to be able to toggle between two or more libraries without having to log out completely. Losing my downloads doesn’t bother me so much, but being able to browse and see which of my local libraries has a book available would be made much easier with this option.
Amazing and easy!
This app is incredible and so easy to use! At first it was both audiobooks and normal books, but now they only have audiobooks. Fortunately they have ANOTHER app for reading which has all their library books for you to read. Just no audiobooks. It’s called Cloud Library. Anyway, besides that I think this app is amazing! The audiobooks are extremely good quality and it’s great the fact that you can just renew the audiobooks as if it’s a normal library. Overall it’s great for lazy people and people going all over the place because you only need internet for downloading it! I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS APP!!!
Ok, but a bit basic
This review relates to reading ebooks, not audiobooks.
Needs some way of highlighting words, adding notes, etc.
Also can’t copy selected text. Workaround is to select the text, then select the Search option. Text can then be copied from the search bar.
Resizing text renumbers the pages, which makes it hard to refer to them elsewhere. It displays page numbers, but doesn’t display the number of pages left in the chapter, which would be useful for telling when the real end of the book is. Ebooks often have quite a few pages of ads, etc, at the end that fool you into thinking the end is a few pages more.
Sometimes the font size resets to the default by itself. [Edit: Can change font with pinch/zoom, I suspect I did that by accident.]
Bookmarks aren’t synched across devices, which makes it hard to swap between iPad and iPhone as appropriate.
Don’t know why people here are complaining about the number of books available. That depends on what your own library has paid for, nothing to do with the app itself.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.