By Bolinda digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The BorrowBox app makes it easy to browse, borrow and read or listen to your library’s eBooks and eAudiobooks anywhere, everywhere.
If BorrowBox is available through your local library you can simply login with your member details to access the library’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
* Grouped by age category
* Browse by genre or by specially curated lists
* Quickly find new releases
* Search by title, author, narrator, series and genre
* Easily find similar titles you might want to read or listen to
* Read and listen to previews
* Get more info about the author and narrator
* Borrow instantly or reserve for later
* View current loans and reserves
* View loan history
* Renew or return ebook and audiobook loans whenever you want
* Automatic deletion of expired loans, no overdue fees
READING & LISTENING
* Offline reading and listening
* Automatically saves your current position in the ebook and audiobook
* Lock screen widget for quick and easy playback control of audiobooks
* Play audiobooks in the background while using other apps
What's New in Version 3.0.12
- Stability improvements
Getting there :)
Version 3 is much better - but there's two much needed improvements:
- Wishlist/TBR functionality. When you're scrolling through looking for a book, you can often find 4 or 5. Would be great to add these to a list, for quick access when you're next ready to borrow.
- Accomodate multiple library accounts. Some of us are nerds and members of several libraries. I'd like to be able to switch between an ebook I have on loan from one library, and one from another.
Both of these features are available in Overdrive...be like Overdrive...;p
Great app but please add a rating feature!
I absolutely love this app, I use it daily and find it very easy to navigate and use. I just wish there was an opportunity to rate a book once you've finished, and an opportunity to see what others have rated a book when browsing. Or even better - link the ratings from Good Reads through! I'd also love a "recommended for you" feature based on books you've previously rated highly. As they say, you can't judge a book by its cover, so I think ratings would really help making a selection! :)
I use this app almost daily. It enables me to remain alert whilst driving long distances on freeways. It is invaluable when travelling overseas as you can download audio books in English from anywhere in the world.
By inputting your library card details you can access it from anywhere at ni cost.