**Top 30 Favorite Free Apps at http://www.smartappsforkids.com
**Good App of the Day at http://www.smartappsforkids.com
**Dolch's Sight Word List and more +create your own SPELLING lists**
*** Option: Spelling Lists vs. Phonics Spelling Lists ***
► custom-made spelling-word lists (type in the new word and record your voice)!
► SHARE custom spelling lists to other iPads, iPhones... using e-mail, Google Drive, or DropBox
► Built-In Phonics Lists focusing on word families
► Built-In Spelling Lists focusing on Long Vowels, Short Vowels, …, Dolch’s Word Lists (Primer, …)
► HISTORY keeps track of student’s progress (customization per student possible)
►audio and/or visual prompt
► PROFESSIONAL narration or child’s narration
► 5 educational GAMES in addition to three modes: Learn, Practice and Test (quiz)
► upper or lower case letters
► optional Montessori-style color coding of vowels and consonants
► immediate sound feedback heard upon tapping the correct/incorrect letter
► positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
► ACCESSIBILITY options to for VISUALLY impaired and those struggling with fine motor skills
► optional custom made features for special needs students
► child proof SETTINGS button
Build A Word Spelling Express helps students as young as three learn how to spell. Students are motivated through positive reinforcement in the form of a fun balloon popping game (optional) offered after each successfully "written" word.
Advantage for Special Need Students:
* option of using blank background helps children focus on letters only
* option to choose high-contrast background for visually impaired
* option to choose answer method: drag&drop or simple tap
* the letters are easy to spot due to big letter cards
* no frustration since visual and audio prompts in the Learn Mode lead the child step by step through the correct spelling process
*the right spelling technique becomes salient since the app leads the child step by step through spelling allowing dragging one letter at a time in the correct order
* choose any number of redundant letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
* wrong letters become obvious with the help of immediate sound feedback heard after tapping the wrong letter
* repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and letters
User Interface improvements,
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for my autistic daughter to learn sounds to be able to speak and to learn how to spell words by sounding them out. Wonderful :)
my kids will love it! I like how you're unable to select the incorrect letter yet it still says the sound.
Sound doesn't record.
I downloaded this app thinking it would help my son with his spelling words, but you can't record the words so the $7.47 I just spent was a waste of money until this glitch is fixed.
- natasa gajic
- 52.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @Reks
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Phonics Word Lists $2.99
- Unlock All Spelling Lists $2.99
- Unlimited Custom Spelling Lists $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.