Business Card Reader HD
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant business card recognition right on your iPad! Import contact information from a business card directly to your iPad address book.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff -- anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information -- Business Card Reader provides a time and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and corrected.
- Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
- Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, websites
- Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly.
- Anti-shake image capture
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Make sure the camera is focused on the business card.
4. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
5. Tap the screen to take the picture.
6. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
7. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
• iOS 4 and later
• Works best on the iPad with autofocus
• On original iPad and iPad 2 the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
What's New in Version 2.2.6
Bug fixes and performance improvements
This app has not been updated for a while. Crashes on iOS9. Is this being developed?
It used to work fine in early days but seems like developer has stopped developing on iPAD app for a while. Please don't buy until developer has confirmed that app will be updated and work with iOS9.
Quite simply, don't waste your money. It just doesn't do what it says it does.
I wish that I had read the reviews before I purchased it!
Does not work at all - hopeless!
I can't rate it even as a one star. But I did only so that I could submit.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 13 February 2013
- Version: 2.2.6
- Size: 47.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2012 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.