Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and Reviews
Favorite Markdown Editor
I’ve used a lot of great Markdown editors but I keep coming back to Byword because:
* Minimal interface - keeps the cruft out
* Minimal outliner - keyboard shortcuts to move lines up/down/indent/outdent
* Previewer - see the final output
* Export to RTF/HTML (and others)
* Publish to Wordpress (and others)
Great app, some better features over competitors
Bought this app with reservations, after already buying some of the competitor's apps. I sent in a request for some basic formatting tools and their reply was that the value of their app was in its simplicity. I get that, but sometimes a power user wants a simple interface, but to still have the ability to edit some basic text, like bold or italic. I had stopped using the other apps and gone back to my standard word processors. Until Byword came along.
Its svelt interface coupled with typewriter mode, and the ability to reverse the background PLUS some basic text editing features make it a great app in my book. And with iCloud support, I can edit on the go too. Bravo.
I have to review this app. Both dark and light modes are absolutely beautiful - exactly what I was looking for. Everything works as it should. I especially love how the fullscreen mode works perfectly (and I mean perfectly) with Spaces. Not even Apple's own Pages does that.
With most text editors I just want to get in and get out as quickly as possible. With Byword, however, it's such a pleasant experience that I really don't mind doing my assignments as much as I would otherwise.
I picked this app up when it was much cheaper though. This app, like most on the Mac App Store, seems to have been priced by the developer randomly picking a number between one and a million. I certainly wouldn't pay $12 for it.
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.