Byword makes writing easier on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 11
- Search documents directly from iOS 9 Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- 3D Touch shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents;
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
Ratings and Reviews
A little disappointed
I was a little disappointed that the features that came with Byword on Mac wasn’t available on the iOS version, especially with setting preferences like adjusting the width of the document and especially the feature where you can choose whether the sentence or the paragraph would be highlighted to encourage distraction free writing. Maybe it’s cheaper on the iOS so they decided to cut those features out.. but I would’ve been happy to pay a little extra if it meant getting those features in.
Still loving Byword
This is not the first time I've written a review of Byword, and what I've said previously remains the same. Easy iCloud and Dropbox integration, excellent Markdown support and easy blog publication (paid upgrade).
GREAT MULTIMARKDOWN EDITOR
This has to be one of the best MultiMarkdown editors available on the iOS platform. It's simplicity of use and compliance with MultiMarkdown syntax makes it a leader. Given that the macOS version looks and feels the same is a bonus for me.
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 8.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
- In-App Purchases
- Publishing Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.