The award winning CALD Assist is the simple and dynamic way for allied health clinicians to communicate with patients from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds when an interpreter is not available.
Featuring phrases commonly used during assessments translated and recorded in 11 common languages, the CALD Assist app facilitates assessments to support development of clinical recommendations.
- 11 common languages: Arabic, Cantonese, Croatian, English, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Mandarin, Serbian, Spanish and Vietnamese
- 5 allied health disciplines: Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Speech Pathology and Nursing.
- Over 100 phrases commonly used during allied health assessments translated and audio recorded
- Images and video to enhance communication between clinicians and their patients
- Answer options to enable patients to respond to simple questions during the assessment
- Developed in collaboration with allied health clinicians and nurses.
Winner of 2015 Health Roundtable Innovation Award and 2015 Victorian Public Healthcare Award in the category of Improving health equality and closing the gaps
Checked working with IOS 12
Minor corrections to phrases.
Ratings and Reviews
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © CSIRO
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.