By Nguyen Tan Hon-Hu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Calligraphy is an ancient art that just anyone can do. Now comes on the iPad.
CALLIGRAPHY ART replicates the strokes of the pen in real life: angle, thickness and colors. You can really enjoy calligraphy with this app for its learning ability, then draw beautiful letters on papers with the same easiness.
********** REVIEWS **********
1/ PRODUCT-REVIEWS: "Every writing page has help and guidelines that coincide with the font. Calligraphy Art uses the same functions that you would find using a pen including different colors, width and the angles. Practice to get beautiful letters in this easy to use application and adapt your own authentic style."
"With Calligraphy Art, you will find a beautiful ancient technique to drawing letters that are currently used for all types of great looking documents."
2/ APPADVICE: "Calligraphy Art is a beautiful and functional app that will teach you how to create graceful lettering in traditional calligraphy style or help you perfect your letter art. This app stands out from others because of the way that the virtual pens perfectly mimic their real counterparts."
This application is not for language learning. It is divided is 3 parts:
- A main page for freehand calligraphy and creation. This is the most complete featured page with ALL TOOLS available.
- Western alphabets exercises
- Chinese words exercises
All writing surfaces are pre-filled with guidelines according to the hand (font) presented.
Today calligraphy is used in many documents and papers, giving to them an elegant and unique touch: graphic design, logo design, type design, paintings, scholarship, maps, menus, greeting cards, invitations, legal documents, diplomas, cut stone inscriptions, memorial documents, props and moving images for film and television, business cards, lettering envelopes, place cards, poems and much more.
- Specific long paper size: 1536X458
- 9 Western hands
- 3 Chinese writing styles
- 16 inkpens, 4 brushes
- 24 preselected pen angles
- 9 pen sizes
- Zoom rate 2000%, undo redo, clear, eraser.
- Save to photos gallery with or without background.
- Share by email
- 12 old style backgrounds
- Color palette
- 36 stylish letter textures. Import photo as texture.
- 1 flourish tutorial
What's New in Version 2.3.2
• Tracing exercises are now available for all calligraphy hands. You will find the shadow of each letter displayed on the paper.
To train your hand and eyes, you can trace all kinds of letters one by one. The size and angle of the pens are preset in order to fit to most accurately as possible the models.
These exercises will really help you to progress quickly in calligraphy.
• The full page is now working like a paperboard: anything you draw or paste on it will remain until you clear the page. This new function is implemented to make long lettering more easy.
• 16 New grids have been added to the full page for drawing the 16 hands with the correct pen size and angle.
This version corrects again the inaccessibility to in-app purchases.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 23 January 2014
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 116 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon
- © Hu Yong Jie-Nguyen Tan Hon 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tracing letters pack 1$0.99
- Tracing letters pack 2$0.99