*** WHAT IS IT? ***
CanPlan promotes independence and builds confidence by helping people with cognitive challenges complete tasks successfully. Virtually any activity can be broken into a sequence of easy-to-follow steps, illustrated by photos and reinforced with optional text and audio. Scheduling and reminder features ensure each task gets done on time.
Support workers and therapists are providing CanPlan to their clients with cognitive, memory and other challenges, while families and caregivers are using the tool with loved ones who desire more independence. For any given task, a user initially goes through the activity with a support person or family member. Together, they take photos of each step in the task, adding text or audio as needed. The task is then filed under a customizable set of categories, which could include areas such as: Food Preparation, Household Chores, Shopping, Transportation, Exercise, Workplace Tasks, and so on.
*** WHO IS IT FOR? ***
CanPlan is especially beneficial to people who have difficulty performing activities that require following a sequence of steps, including those with:
- Brain injury
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental disabilities
*** KEY FEATURES ***
- Task Sequencing: breaks each task into an easy-to-follow sequence of photos, with optional text or audio
- Scheduling: shows a list of tasks to be completed during the day
- Prompting: provides the option of audible timed reminders
- Active Task Reminder: helps the user stick with a task until it’s complete
- Task Categorization: allows tasks to be filed in customizable categories for easy retrieval
- CanPlan is a universal app optimized for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
*** SUPPORT ***
To report a problem with the app, please email email@example.com
*** PRICING ***
CanPlan supports a maximum of 3 tasks to start. However, you can unlock unlimited tasks as a free in-app "purchase".
*** TESTIMONIALS ***
“It really helps me to function and complete day-to-day tasks. I use the schedule and alarm to structure my day. It has removed so much stress in my life.”
– Client with early onset Alzheimer’s disease
“It works great – I can add whatever tasks I need to remember. And I’ll add more and more tasks as I get more to do at work, and when I start taking the bus to work.”
– Client with brain injury
“I like that each step of a task includes a photo and audio as well. I also like that we are able to add empowering messages.”
– Support worker of client with brain injury
*** CANASSIST at the UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA ***
CanAssist at the University of Victoria is dedicated to developing customized technologies and services for people with disabilities, with a focus on clients in British Columbia, Canada.
+ Various user interface bug fixes and improvements
- University of Victoria
- 26 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2017 University of Victoria
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Tasks Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.