CarTunes Music Player
By Ryan Oksenhorn
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CarTunes is the freshest iOS music player, designed entirely for touch. Control your music with swipes, taps, and pinches. CarTunes is ideal for listening to music anytime! At the gym, on the road, or lying in bed.
With more than 1 million downloads, CarTunes is a #1 App internationally! Rated ★★★★★ by hundreds of reviewers! See what everyone's raving about:
♪ Controlling your music couldn't be easier!
- Full gesture control
- Tap anywhere to play & pause music
- Flick to change tracks
- Slide to change volume
- Pull down to instantly tweet
- Two-finger flick to shuffle
- Slide to seek forward and backward
- Pinch to play current song's album or artist
♪ Runs full screen on your iPhone or iPad
- Full iPhone 5 support!
- There is NO better way to see, hear, and control your music than with CarTunes
- HD Retina graphics custom for iPhone and iPad
- Great on the large iPad, great in your pocket
♪ Tweet your music easier than ever
- CarTunes auto-fills a tweet with the current artist and the gorgeous album artwork
- Just pull down to tweet the current song
♪ Your music never looked so good!
- Gorgeous full-screen artwork
- HD Retina graphics
- Colors & visuals adapt dynamically to match each song
- Change the font to match the mood of your music
- View a wall of album artwork for choosing music
- Tweet your music with the album artwork attached
- Optimized for both iPhone and iPad screens
♪ Choose your music with just a tap!
- Instantly access your full library with one flick
- Innovative design & interface
- Find your music by its artwork
- Sort by songs, albums, artists, playlists, & podcasts
- View your music in a gorgeous grid of artwork
- Music keeps playing when you close the app
♪ Tons more features included
- Gesture customization
- Appearance settings
- Auto-play and auto-pause
- New features coming each week!
What's New in Version 6.3.1
CarTunes no longer pauses your music on launch. Sorry about that, folks!
Simplistic and polished
This app is so simple and easy to use you'll feel right into it straight away. Utilizing the whole screen space with fluid gestures adheres to the simple nature. I can easily find a band by swiping my finger here and there. Also the whole screen play/pause is incredibly useful for practicing my guitar. The greatest thing however is the design. The design is polished and minimalistic. I feel awesome navigating through the screens. So many times has someone pulled me up and asked what is going on with the music player I'm rocking! There is no annoying back forward buttons that my thumbs can't press. Only a single swipe is needed to view the content I want to see. If only iOS itself was this style! Guys Thankyou. I. Love. It.
A bit disappointed
Having read the rave reviews, I expected more from this app.
In particular, after the painfuly slow initial opening showing the various operating taps, swipes and "flicks" there seems to be no way of seeing them again. I went to the website to find out how to operate the app. Similarly, there seem to be no user choice of settings.
When I finally worked out most of the operational functions (never did manage a successful "flick") the app worked well, but lacks much of the functionality of iTunes music app.
There seems to be no ability to sort by genre - pop, jazz, country, classical, etc - and no search facility.
Play lists seem to be fixed, and cannot be altered in any way.
Maybe I am missing something, but I am disappointed.
Back to iTunes Music app.
An excellent car player
My favourite player on the road. Two requests, if it would be possible for the coming version.. would make it 5 stars! Could it be set so the player will pause when not charging? Could the player be set to start with a particular preference in the way it groups music? Looking forward to the next iteration.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 12 February 2013
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Seller: Ryan Oksenhorn
- © None
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.