Taking control of your finances means understanding the the flow of cash through your account. Looking at your regular income against your recurring expenses lets you know how much cash you have to spend or how much you need to cut back. CashForecaster gives exactly this insight by allowing you to simply describe the flow of cash through your account and make a chart of your position.
Multiple sets of expenses can be managed easily and effectively so you can look at your finances, your business's or even the running costs of your car independently.
This is a great tool for getting an overview of your financial situation, evaluating the viability of a business venture, or tracking your regular expenses.
- Added a cursor across the balance graph to highlight the selected day. This tracks with the selected balance in the balances drawer. You can step back and forth across the graph by selecting a balance in the balances drawer and using up- and down-arrow.
- Change how revenue/expenses are entered, there is now a button on the entry sheet to swap between a revenue and an expense item. You can still use a minus sign or "(nn)" to enter an expense as before.
- Running balance is now shown in the Balances drawer.
- Swapped cmd-N and cmd-shift-N so that the more common even of creating a new revenue/expense item uses cmd-N.
- There's a new option to selected expired expenses (where expired means they ended before today). If desired they can be deleted using cmd-delete.
- The balances drawer wasn't selecting the correct date when the graph was clicked while "hide empty" was checked. This works correctly now.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and fantastic
I wanted an app that would allow me to know how much money I would have at certain points in the future based on current income and expenses, so that I could decide when I could afford to pay out a loan, and this did just that. Instead of having to keep reworking it out in my head, I can look confidently at the app, and see how much I will have at whatever future point I want, and see specifically the impact of paying out the loan, and the subsequent cessation of monthly repayments. It is very easy to use, and gives me exactly what I want for an amazing price. I looked at other more expensive apps, but whilst these are more powerful and have more bells and whistles, this is all I need - anything else would complicate it for me.
I’ve searched high and low for a budgeting software that was simple and did easy forecasting. I was not interested in adding every single transaction into a software program as it made it too laborious and time consuming which meant I didn’t stick to it.
Our expenses rarely change and we fit clothes and extras, for example, into a weekly block of ‘other’ which works for us.
I had my full budget added in around 15 minutes and was able to see our cashflow for the next 12 months instantly - hooray!!
What I really needed was something to show me that my intended budget was going to work - building cash for unforceen expenses - this software did exactly that.
Yep - it looks very basic, but I really don’t mind because it completely filled my need for an easy to use budget/cash forecaster in a matter of minutes. Well done!
If you really want to keep track of exactly how much money you spent on cappacinos over the coarse of a year then this probably isn’t for you. But if you have regular, fixed expenses and are happy to work on a broader scale then you can’t beat this simple, but effective app.
A really useful financial tool. Could use a bit of polish though
This app does what it says it does and thats a fact. A lot of apps don't.
That said, this app could really do with some polish to make it more usable. Entering date information in the revenue/expense tab for example is absolutely hideous. There are much easier ways to create a date picker. I would recommend the developers have a look at how other app developers have handled this. It can be done a lot better.
The price is excellent. Such value for what the app can do. Bravo!
I hope the devs keep the app simple and resist the tempatation to turn it into something all powerful. It's utility is it's simplicity.
It could do with a tidy up though.
I have installed the app on both my iMac and my Macbook and I placed the data file in a drop box folder so I can work with the same data from either device. Works great.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.