• Works with your iTunes Library automatically
• Polished iOS-style UI, plus Night Mode, landscape, customizable colors and tabs!
• Intuitive gesture controls
• Powerful sorting options, including Classical Mode
• Today Widget
• No ads or locked features
• Get development updates, feature guides, news and more at cesium-app.com/signup!
NOTE: Cesium requires Music.app to be installed.
• NEW Siri Shortcuts, so you can talk to Cesium like a friend with a tin can telephone. (Open, Search, Shuffle All)
• NEW URL Scheme, so you can write to Cesium like a pen pal whose father was the deposed king of Nigeria (cesium://, cesium://search, cesium://shuffle)
• NEW True Black mode, so you can quote Spinal Tap to Cesium and laugh and laugh.
• iPhone XS Max and XR screen support
• Bug and translation fixes.
I also want to assure all Cs users that I am aware of reported performance issues and glitches. If you haven't seen something addressed in recent updates it is likely because it is an issue with the API itself – in which case I have reported it and am working with Apple to try and solve the problem as soon as possible, but any fixes will be subject to the iOS release cycle.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible and irreplaceable
Let's be honest here, the highly entertaining release notes alone (which anyone can view from the app store page) are well worth the cost of this app. The fact you get thrown in with that what is easily one of the most polished and functional local music (& iCloud music library if that's your thing) players is just a bonus.
I've had so many moments using the default music app where I've thought "geez I wish this app could do [such and such]", and I've discovered that pretty much every single one of these features can be found in Cesium. I would recommend this app to anyone and everyone whose primary music source is local music or Apple Music.
I do have a short wishlist of features that would make this already stellar app even better for how I use it though;
-3d touch on a song to perform an action (configurable, e.g. show info, go to album, etc)
-Swipe up on now playing screen to open queue, swipe down on top menu bar of queue to go back to now playing screen
-Swipe sideways on mini player to switch between songs
Works once you’ve got it going but anytime you stop and start using it or want to change up what you’re playing, you have to close and restart the app multiple times for it work again after freezing. I’m on an iPod, latest software and hardware and prior to ~6-8weeks ago it was working faultlessly and I’d never had an issue with it. Love the design and don’t want to change, I would even subscribe to this app if it meant issues that this app has with iOS can be fixed
Crashing/ no longer crashing
Latest update crashes when I hit play on some of my playlists :( Edit: make that all playlists. Disappointed I payed for this app.
Edit 2: Bug has been fixed, thank you 😍
New version has been submitted for review. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Mike Clay
- 4.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 Michael Clay
- In-App Purchases
- Unbelievable Tip $8.99
- Generous Tip $1.99
- Amazing Tip $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.