• Works with your iTunes Library automatically
• Polished iOS-style UI, plus Night Mode, landscape, customizable colors and tabs!
• Intuitive gesture controls
• Powerful sorting options, including Classical Mode
• No ads or locked features
NOTE: Cesium requires Music.app to be installed.
• Playlist sort preferences are now saved individually.
• Search URL scheme (cesium://search) can now handle queries for direct search, i.e. cesium://search?zeppelin
• Minor graphics improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible and irreplaceable
Let's be honest here, the highly entertaining release notes alone (which anyone can view from the app store page) are well worth the cost of this app. The fact you get thrown in with that what is easily one of the most polished and functional local music (& iCloud music library if that's your thing) players is just a bonus.
I've had so many moments using the default music app where I've thought "geez I wish this app could do [such and such]", and I've discovered that pretty much every single one of these features can be found in Cesium. I would recommend this app to anyone and everyone whose primary music source is local music or Apple Music.
I do have a short wishlist of features that would make this already stellar app even better for how I use it though;
-3d touch on a song to perform an action (configurable, e.g. show info, go to album, etc)
-Swipe up on now playing screen to open queue, swipe down on top menu bar of queue to go back to now playing screen
-Swipe sideways on mini player to switch between songs
This is the music player to use
This is a brilliant music player. Sharp, well presented, smart interface, effective and the author Mike has a brilliant sense of humour which strictly speaking is irrelevant but all adds to the experience. My use is probably more rudimentary than most, I wouldn’t use most of the features available, but I find this a much nicer app for the most part than the standard Apple one and glad I found it.
Developer Response ,
Not good! Please shoot me an email at email@example.com and we can troubleshoot!
Works once you’ve got it going but anytime you stop and start using it or want to change up what you’re playing, you have to close and restart the app multiple times for it work again after freezing. I’m on an iPod, latest software and hardware and prior to ~6-8weeks ago it was working faultlessly and I’d never had an issue with it. Love the design and don’t want to change, I would even subscribe to this app if it meant issues that this app has with iOS can be fixed
- Mike Clay
- 4.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2019 Michael Clay
- In-App Purchases
- Unbelievable Tip $8.99
- Generous Tip $1.99
- Amazing Tip $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.