By State of Victoria - Department of Justice
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FireReady is the official Victorian Government app for CFA, MFB and DEPI bushfire warnings and information. Download FireReady and set up Watch Zones to ensure you receive official warnings and information for your area. See the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/, watch the FireReady video at http://vimeo.com/81778120 or email FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
Getting a message asking you to turn on notifications? You need to ensure that push notifications are enabled specifically for the FireReady app, as follows:
For iOS8, iOS6 and iOS5:
1. Click on the Settings icon and then select Notifications.
2. Scroll down and ensure that FireReady is in the 'In Notification Centre' section.
3. To change FireReady to be included for notifications, click the FireReady icon and select Notification Centre as On.
4. We recommend that you set Alert Style as 'Banners' or Alerts' and ensure that Sounds and View in Lock Screen are also On.
1. Open the device's Settings icon and then select 'Notification Center'.
2. Under 'Access on Lock Screen', check that 'Notifications View' is On (showing as green).
3. Scroll further down and ensure that FireReady is in the list under INCLUDE. Click it to open it.
4. At the top, set Alert Style as 'Banners' or Alerts'
5. Then ensure that everything in this section is turned On - ‘Badge App Icon’, ‘Sounds’, 'Show in Notification Center', 'Show on Lock Screen’, etc (all should be showing as green).
Updating to a new phone? Your Watch Zones may not function on your new device – you should delete all watch zones, reinstall FireReady from scratch on your new device, and then re-create watch zones as new.
• Live incident map showing all current official warnings, planned burns and other types of incidents across Victoria.***
• Simple to use Watch Zones that ensure you get official warnings for your local area. Warnings and information* are pushed out to a user's phone when issued by CFA, MFB or DEPI.
• Integration of DEPI planned burns.
• GPS integration to determine your current location** and surrounding incidents.
• Emergency Warnings, Watch & Act, and Advice information as issued by the CFA, MFB and DEPI
• Share incidents and warnings with friends and family.
• View today's Fire Danger Rating map.
• View today's Total Fire Ban Status.
The FireReady app is just one tool to assist you to access warnings and information about bushfire, however you should never rely on just one information channel. Fire and emergency services use a range of other information channels including SKY TV, Australian Broadcasting Corporation local radio, some commercial and designated community radio stations, Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on 1800 240 667, VicEmergency on www.emergency.vic.gov.au and social media channels including CFA Twitter and Facebook.
Please refer to the full Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer within the app for further information, view the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/ or email the team at FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
* Your device must have an internet connection to receive warnings and information issued by Victorian fire and emergency services.
** To view your current location, GPS must be switched on and location functionality enabled.
*** Map symbols represent the origin of the fire, not its current location or spread.
Note that there was not a v4.0.3 release for iOS. The FireReady v4.0.3 release on 28th August 2014 was only for the Android platform to resolve a google map related issue. The google map issue arose due to Google’s change to the Google Map API by Google. To keep the numbering consistent with the next Android release, the version of upgraded FireReady app for iOS platform, will be v4.0.4.
What's New in Version 4.0.4
Updated for iOS 8 and made the following improvements
· Fixed issue with display of Google maps on iOS8
· Better handling of upgrades to new versions of iOS, reducing the chances of losing previous configurations of watchzones and settings
· Changes to ensure that watchzones are correctly deleted
Almost certainly not worth it...
App push notifies of Advice and Warnings in Watch Zones, but immediately after using the notification to open the app, a popup notification appears saying the previous notification has expired. Within seconds? Yeah, right... This app has been plagued with bugs ever since it was first released, and now it cannot be relied upon in a life-and-death scenario, which is PRECISELY what it was designed for. Seriously unfortunate. Fix it please, before people lose property (or worse, heaven forbid) because they used the app in the way it was designed - as a primary source of information.
Give them a break guys
Yeah there are a lot of notifications, yes sometimes fires don't go through straight away. But the CFA and DEPI have things to do like fighting fires. The limited staff they have to devote to this stuff do an awesome job and the advice from it has helped us decide to leave more than once. Good job vicgov. And good job agencies working together. Good to see that
Notifications expire immediately?
Every time I get a notification now, click it, the app tells me the incident may have expired. Either the notifications are wrong or the app is wrong. Or all of a sudden there are a huge number of 'false alarms' that are cancelled seconds after they come through (and often well before the trucks fly past my place- I'm near the station).
I suspect something is amiss. A great app up until a week ago otherwise.
- Category: News
- Updated: 19 October 2014
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: State of Victoria - Department of Justice
- © Department of Justice, Victoria
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.