Play chess online with millions of players around the world! Enjoy free unlimited games and improve your chess rating with 50,000+ tactics puzzles, interactive lessons and videos, and a powerful computer opponent. Unlock your inner chess master today!
PLAY CHESS ONLINE
- Challenge your friends and chat with opponents
- Play real-time blitz or daily correspondence chess
- Solve more than 65,000 puzzles
- Adjusts to your skill level to help you improve
- Thousands of videos and interactive lessons from top Grandmasters
- Interactive tutorials with helpful tips and highlights
- Adjust the computer's strength
- Analyze your game to learn what went wrong
… AND MORE
- Daily articles by top authors and coaches like IM Jeremy Silman
- Opening explorer helps you learn and play the right openings
- Make friends & send messages
- 20+ gorgeous themes for boards, pieces, and backgrounds
- Detailed performance stats and ratings
- Active community forum
Also available in the app:
$4.99 USD monthly, $29.99 USD annually
More Puzzles, Lessons and Tournaments! No ads.
$6.99 USD monthly, $49.99 USD annually
Full access to Tactics, Tournaments, and more! No ads.
$14.99 USD monthly, $99.99 USD annually
Unlimited access to all features for playing, training and learning. No ads.
* Prices may vary by location.
Chess.com is built by chess players and enthusiasts who really love chess!
This update includes bug fixes and minor improvements. We hope you love it! If so, please consider giving this version a fresh five-star review in the App Store. We really appreciate it!
Ratings and Reviews
The brave knight
The king peered out from behind a broken line of squabbling pawns. His enemy, a warrior queen, was renown for her bloodlust and ferocity. It was as If she was invoking Medusa herself that he was became fixed by her gaze. That is until his loyal knight charged into action ahead of the king.
“My knight! Bless your soul!” The king cried out, able to make now secure in his keep.
“Fear not my king, for I have a plan!” The brave knight now jumped in the path of the queens escape. As she ran him down she laughed at the very insult, such a futile and brazen attack. But, soon dawned the realisation that his sacrifice had ensured her own demise..
No human players, fully fake
Don’t install. It’s computer simulation only. Only a few human players. You might be lucky to play with one or two. All other players, although may have a picture and a human name but they are computer. You have to play only one and one opening hundred times no matter who you play with and in which part of the world. If they claim those players are human then that is absolutely a false claim. Don’t get me wrong. There are some human players who use computer to win and they spend 5 to 10 seconds for every move in blitz games but they are still human and usually have trouble of time. So, to avoid wasting your time playing with another computer just don’t install.
Keep coming back
As a learner, I've felt encouraged by this app more so than anything else I've tried. This time I'm sticking with it, coming back daily to test and improve my skills. This app also has some nifty settings you can turn on and off for different challenge levels. I'm able to incrementally challenge myself while making the experience fun rather than crushing. I'm going to stick with this one.
- Chess.com, LLC
- 79.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Chess.com, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Diamond Membership $144.99
- Gold Membership $42.99
- Diamond Membership $21.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.