It is like having AAMI in your pocket. We know insurance can sometimes be boring, and calling us can take you away from the important things, which is why we’ve created the AAMI Access App. You can manage your eligible AAMI home and motor policies, make claims plus much more.
Having this app allows you to make changes to eligible policies, lodge & track the progress of your claim and even receive alerts when severe weather is on the way.
Once installed, simply set up your profile and this app is ready to use.
- Update or renew your AAMI comprehensive car insurance, third party property damage car insurance, home, contents (but not Fire and Theft contents) and landlord policies
- Lodge claims directly to AAMI for your comprehensive car insurance, third party property damage car insurance, home, contents (including Fire and Theft contents) and landlord insurance policies.
- Track progress of your claim for AAMI comprehensive car insurance, third party property damage car insurance, home, contents (but not Fire and Theft contents) and landlord policies
- Receive push notifications for severe weather events, based on vehicle parking address postcode for Motor policies and insured address for Home policies
- Step by step guided claim process – helps you gather key information, so you don’t have to worry about missing anything
- Supports all vehicle accident types – single and multi-vehicle accidents, storm damage, theft and glass-only claims
- Privacy protection – your information is stored on your phone, is PIN enabled for additional protection, and is sent to AAMI when you request it and via a secure channel only.
Minor UI improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Although this app is user friendly to navigate I recently had to make a claim. I had completed all details and even some of the incident report which is where I needed to leave the claim and come back to it.
The claim was no longer there. I gave it another go and again had to leave it due to my narcolepsy and it disappeared again. I then decided to type it into notes where it saved automatically and when finished I copy and pasted it into the app only to find that my description was too long???
I finishing the claim by using the minimum information required and when I received an email confirming that my claim had been received I sent the full write up to the email they supplied. Because of the information supplied when AAMI did call it was relatively quick and straight forward.
So I love the idea of how easy it is to use but an save option would be great.
You don’t need to “time out” an App... ?
You don’t need to “time out” an App... if you made a server call to gather some info initially, fine. You shouldn’t need to remain connected until the claim is submitted. I completed many claim details and at the point of entering the other parties mobile phone number - your validation said it wasn’t a valid mobile number. It was, as I have received calls from the number. Anyway, I left the process to resolve later when I had more time. Your App developers decided to include a “time out” function, which as I said I don’t think is really needed... but that being the case, it’s ok - as you would assume they would also include a “auto-save” procedure to secure the claim in process for later use... umm, NO!!!! What? How basic is it in 2018 to not save data, especially on a mobile device which is part of the development process (ie. you need to be able to keep state of your App as the ussr may switch or close the App at any time?).
Poorly thought out for this one key job of the App!!!!!!!!!!
App never works
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.