Classroom turns your iPad into a powerful teaching assistant, helping you guide students through a lesson, see their progress and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student iPad at the same time or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching, so students can focus on learning.
Assign Shared iPads to students
• Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student iPads
• Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
• Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus or pause student work
• Launch any app, website or book for students with a tap
• Lock into a single app to help students focus
• Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
• Mute audio on student devices
See what your students see with Screen View
• See an overview of all the students’ screens at once
• Focus on a single student screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share documents and links with your class using AirDrop
• Share to your entire class with just one tap
• Students can also share with you
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
• Show the great work your students are doing to the entire class
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords directly in the classroom
• Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organise students using groups
• Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
• Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
• Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both one on one and Shared iPad student devices
Supports IT-managed classes or teacher-created classes
All actions take place over the local network only
iPad with iOS 12 or later
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on both students and teacher devices
Students within Bluetooth range of the teacher running Classroom
Updated for compatibility with iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing with room for growth
This app is huge for schools with iPads and has already transformed their use in my classes. I'd like to ask 3 things however:
1. Not optional - students can opt out of having their iPads locked or viewed, this seems counter-intuitive in most cases (with some exceptions I imagine).
2. Open: App selection - my iPad has many apps students won't have; instead of a 'recent apps' list could a custom apps list be added so only those show up in the scroll.
3. Navigate: iBook PDF support - I want to use the iBooks app to help students keep different documents but the classroom app only recognises books purchased on the store. Would be great to be able to use PDFs and navigate to bookmarks.
Gives me power and control over my high school students and their digital learning. Allows me to use digital resources confidently and track student participation and engagement. Negs are from disgruntled students who can’t play minecraft in class anymore lollllll
Maintaining student engagement
The newest feature that summarises which students, which apps they used and time spent of apps at the end of a class, assisted me a great deal making students responsible for their engagement in class. Students off task during lessons are evident and requested to focus on the activities.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 18.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.