By Earthwatch Institute
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ClimateWatch is the best way to record the seasonal behaviour you see in plants and animals, and help scientists understand how Australia’s environment is responding to climate change.
The ClimateWatch app is the perfect tool to use anytime you are bushwalking, in your local park, or relaxing in your backyard.
ClimateWatch offers the following features:
* Easy to use interface
* Ability to record your sightings even with poor mobile signal
* Your location, date and time are recorded with each sighting
* Take a photo and submit with your record
* Species information - what to record, where, when and why
* Species images to help you identify plants and animals
* Bird, frog and mammal calls to help you identify animals
* View your account details and sightings
Our website (climatewatch.org.au) is the online community where you can learn more about the ClimateWatch species, hear from scientists and other ClimateWatchers, and record what you observe.
ClimateWatch was developed by Earthwatch with the Bureau of Meteorology and The University of Melbourne to understand how changes in temperature and rainfall are affecting the behaviour of Australia's plants and animals. The first project of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere, ClimateWatch enables every Australian to be involved in collecting and recording data that will help shape the country’s scientific response to climate change.
By registering as a ClimateWatch user, you agree to the ClimateWatch Privacy Collection Statement. The Statement can be found at http://www.climatewatch.org.au/privacy.
What's New in Version 1.4
Some sponsorship changes and stability fixes.