Easily learn how to code in Swift directly on your iPhone or iPad! Includes dozens of fun and fully interactive mini lessons and tutorials.
WHAT OUR USERS ARE SAYING
5 Stars - “Very informative. It is the only app I know that lets you type in the code. This is important for learning efficiently. Bravo."
5 Stars - “Better than the docs! I don’t have much free time at home to go through the Swift docs, but I have time to kill on the daily commute. This pocket sized Swift resource just fits the bill perfectly."
WHY USE CODE SWIFT?
Want to be a better writer? Write more!
Want to be a better coder? Code more!
Want to be great in Swift? Write more Swift code!
Code Swift offers you 25 iOS courses with bite-sized lessons where you have to write your own Swift code! You will be amazed how swiftly you can learn to code! Code Swift starts with the basics and assumes you have no prior programming experience.
Code Swift offers a totally unique experience by challenging you to write your own code from start to finish. There really is no faster and more enjoyable way to learn than writing your own code. Our realtime code checker instantly offers valuable tips and suggestions the moment you make a mistake. It is like having your own personal swift instructor sitting next to you to help you along and accelerate your learning and make sure that you won’t get frustrated, stuck, and give up.
Afraid of getting stuck? Don't be! As soon as you make a mistake, you see a red exclamation mark. Just press on it to get step by step guidance and help so you are never stuck and never alone!
Need more help? Just press on the video link to have one of our instructors give you a step-by-step walk through and explain everything in more detail.
Code Swift Courses:
1. Swift basics
2. True or False
3. If statements
6. Loop de loop
15. Tips and Tricks
21. Type Casting
23. Map Filter Reduce
25. Guard & Defer
The first course is completely free. All other courses can be unlocked with a single in-app-purchase. Once purchased, you will instantly qualify for all future additions and updates including future courses.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at support at happymooseapps.com
* Added additional lessons and content
* Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
There are better tutorials out there
Only the first chapter is free. After that, it asks for $1.49 per chapter or $7.99 to unlock all 18 chapters. I've happily paid more for better programming tutorials before, but this one didn't impress me enough to pay. Here's why:
1. It's dry, and I don't mean DRY as in the good programmer's acronym—I mean, it's pretty dull. There are other resources that make learning to program more fun. Apple's Swift Playgrounds (which is free) is one of them.
2. For anyone using a keyboard with 'smart quotes', the app fails on the very first lesson. The solution is to go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and uncheck Smart Punctuation, but really, the app should be smarter than this.
3. It doesn't save anything you enter. Once you progress to the next screen or go back to the menu, whatever you typed on the previous screen is lost. Strange and potentially frustrating.
4. Concepts could be explained better. The lessons start with the absolute basics, but don't seem well tailored to the person who has never programmed before.
A solid framework for introductory learning and scaffolding of knowledge.
I have only done the Introduction but in the few steps in that lesson I feel I learnt a lot, and I do like this style of learning which is suited towards autodidacts and those who like to accumulate knowledge at their own pace. I’m happy to recommend this program on the basis of its pedagogical clarity and usefulness, and the solid framework it provides for scaffolding of knowledge.
I'm a total novice when it comes to computers but this is actually teaching me.I've got a long way to go but it's making me think and go back a few times to pick it up. Doesn't just give you the answers easily. Challenging.
- Happy Moose Apps Inc.
- 33.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Happy Moose Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Courses $14.99
- Course 2 $2.99
- Course 3 $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.