By Two Lives Left
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"It’s kind of like the Garage Band of coding." – Wired
"Codea for iPad is a super slick way to write and run programs on your iPad." – Gizmodo
Codea lets you create games and simulations — or just about any visual idea you have. Turn your thoughts into interactive creations that make use of iPad features like Multi-Touch and the accelerometer.
We think Codea is the most beautiful code editor you'll use, and it's easy. Codea is designed to let you touch your code. Want to change a color, or an image? Tapping will bring up visual editors that let you choose exactly what you want.
Codea is built on the Lua programming language. A simple, elegant language that doesn't rely too much on symbols — a perfect match for iPad.
Here's how you use it: type your code. Press play to watch it run. Interact with it. Get creative.
• A fully featured 2D and 3D renderer
• Lots of great example projects to learn from, including games
• Touch your code: tap colors, images and sounds to adjust them
• Export your finished projects to Xcode to produce real apps
• Complete in-line reference documentation accessible from keyboard
• Intelligent syntax highlighting and auto-completing code editor
• Import your own assets from Dropbox
• Full 2D and 3D physics engines for complex motion
• Add parameters so you can tweak variables at runtime
• Interact with accelerometer and multi-touch on your device
• Generate retro-game sound effects
• GLSL Shader Language support with live shader editor
• Bluetooth keyboard support and keyboard shortcuts
• Air Code: code live from your PC using WiFi
• Much, much more
• Join the forums at http://codea.io/talk to ask questions, share ideas and get help when you need it
• If you would like to help translate Codea into your language please join the translation effort at http://translate.twolivesleft.com
• If you need help or wish to get in contact with us, please use the support link on this page
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Check below to see if your favorite bug has been fixed
• Craft project templates now add your project name to the top of the file. How else would you know which project you were editing? You wouldn't, that's how.
• The dark editor theme background color got messed up. You sent many complaints. We fixed it so your eyes can rest easy
• Importing projects crashed Codea. Due to careless last-minute feature adding. Was it us? Who knows, maybe
• Fixes the search results randomly dismissing in the full screen reference view. Man that was annoying
• The search keyboard in the in-project documentation now matches the selected editor theme. Yay, consistency
• Air Code was crashy. Especially with physics code. It's less crashy now. Especially with physics code
• Air Code works with your craft projects
• repeat ... until loops now indent correctly. Someone reported this. You know who you are
• The code editor should be faster to catch up to your code for indentation and autocomplete
• When duplicating a project that used a non-square icon image the image would bleed past the edges of the view. Not anymore. We put a stop to that
• When duplicating a project we showed the project template selector. Why? Who knows. We shouldn't have. Now we don't
• Codea will no longer export the "Inbox" folder when exporting all projects
• Craft didn't run on 32-bit devices. It does now and we are sooo sorry. Not really that sorry, I mean bugs happen sometimes. Don't hold us accountable*. It's fixed now anyway stop complaining
• Changed the default constructor for quat to (1,0,0,0) and its toString() prints (w,x,y,z) instead of (x,y,z,w). If you know what this means then please tell us.
• Added normalize(), normalized(), len(), lenSqr() and conjugate() methods to quat. Bet you didn't see that coming.
* You should probably hold us accountable for bugs
A-fricking-mazing like people who make this time of stuff deserve alot respect. The amount of time and effort this probably took over years. If you are hating this app consider yourself and the person who worked very hard to make this app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 26 October 2017
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 139 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish
- Seller: Two Lives Left
- © 2017 Two Lives Left
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.