The Most Powerful Photo Comic Creation App Available.
"Of the comic book apps I’ve used, Comic Life, [...], has the most features and works best on an iPad because of the bigger screen... I love the way the app allows you to edit tiny details, from the shape and style of word bubbles to the size and placement of each story cell." - Kit Eaton, The New York Times
- Introducing an integrated Script Editor*, next generation image filters and built in Instant Alpha tool.
- New graphics features include speedlines, halftones, updated stroke options and more!
- Dozens of fully customizable templates.
- Everything you need at your fingertips: speech balloons, photo filters, comic lettering, templates, shapes, shadows and effects.
Download Comic Life 3 to create dynamic comics with your photos.
Packed with fonts, templates, balloons, captions, and lettering art, Comic Life is a fun, powerful and easy-to-use app that makes creating comics easier than ever. And now you can build your comics anywhere you like!
Easily go from taking photos to creating full comics all on one device with full page templates and panel layouts. Create original stories with the integrated Script Editor then drag and drop your words to the comic page when you're done.
Bring in photos from your photo library or access web photos via Flickr integration, and the app’s powerful editing and design tools to get exactly the look you want.
When your work of art is complete, use the integrated reader to review pages on your device. Or share with your friends and family. Choose from Facebook, Twitter, email or open your comic in another app as a PDF.
New Tools and Features in Comic Life 3
Script Editor* that recognizes elements as you type
17 Advanced parametric image filters
Dozens of full templates with hundreds of panel layout options.
Instant Alpha tool built in so you can knock out image backgrounds
Speedlines, halftones, and textures
Fully customizable fill and borders for balloons, lettering, captions, panels and shapes
New balloon variety slider for even more customization
Customizable gradient builder
Over 60 font options
Load photos directly from photo library
Integrated camera feature to instantly add photos to your comic
Supports multi-page comics
Using Comic Life you can:
- Read your comics with the integrated e-reader.
- Create photo comics in the full featured comic editor.
- Share your comics on Facebook, Twitter, via Mail, AirDrop and iTunes File Share.
- Transfer your comics to Mac or Windows and keep working with Comic Life 3 on your desktop or laptop.
- Send your comics to a printer on your wireless network.
- Choose from full page layouts including panels, titles and captions along with complimentary styles for a high end look.
- Drag and Drop elements anywhere in your comic page.
- Easily add photos from your library with the Place Photo button in panels.
- Curve and place balloon tails precisely with advanced tail controls.
- Resize and rotate images, clip them in panels along with balloons, captions, and lettering.
- Create multilayered color gradients to design the perfect style for lettering, captions or background.
- Use smart shapes to add common shapes and the free form shape drawing tool to create any line or shape you can imagine.
- Work without worry of losing your creation as documents are automatically saved whenever a change is made.
* This feature is available on iPad only
Restored script templates to the iPad edition.
Fixed the template sorting order.
Ratings and Reviews
Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...you, starring in your own comic book!
This app has great potential if it actually worked.
Every time I try and do anything it crashes.
I am using it on an iPhone 6 Plus.
So I expect it to work great, I feel sorry for anyone using this on any phone below the iPhone 6.
Every time I finally finish a page then add a second page I have to close the app and then reopen it to stop it from glitching.
Every time I make a new page it seems to overlap itself with other templates.
Now don't get me started on the templates, it has a great selection but going through the selection you have to already know what each collection is before you even look, otherwise you have to search for hours.
Would be good if we had a way to store favourite template, what even save my own template.
Now adding images is A night me, I press the button and wait, nothing, I President game then you can add to it, then it freezes, then crashes.
I reopen the app I repeat the process then it works, any glitches again then I make a mistake and want to undo? Where is the undo?
I'm so tired of this app I am almost set to get a refund.
I will wait for the next update hopefully it will fix, otherwise it's refund city for me, it's quicker to sketch out my stuff on a napkin and a lot less stressful.
Love the app, my two boys look forward to doing assignments when they are allowed to use this app. Easy to navigate, colourful, and incredibly dynamic
One area that needs addressing is that there is no spelling check available.
If it has this facility it would be beyond brilliant.
- plasq LLC
- 107.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2018 plasq LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.