Comic Zeal Comic Book Reader
By Bitolithic Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want the most features? the best reading experience? Comic Zeal 9 has them both. It was the first comic reader in the App Store, it’s still the best.
• Organize your collection how YOU want. Put series inside series, use dividers to manage long lists.
• Automatically sorts comics into their series.
• Super fast reading view with two-page mode and assisted panning.
• Page position lock so you don’t see the same borders page after page.
• Does the right thing when you rotate your device, many comics have a mixture of portrait and landscape pages.
• Lightning fast search, by comic title and tags.
• Parental lock for individual series.
IN APP PURCHASES
For a very reasonable price you can also unlock
• Comic Finders, create smart series that show you unread comics from all over your library.
• Seven new, gorgeous themes.
• WI-Fi using a web browser on a PC or Mac.
• Drop Box, iCloud Drive, etc using iOS document sharing.
• AirDrop from a Mac.
• iTunes via USB or Wi-FI
Comic Zeal features the innovative slider, it's a pointer, a container and a toolbox, all in one. You can push stuff into it, then go anywhere in your collection and drag it out. It's an incredibly fast way to organize your comics.
With the slider you can:
• Reorder comics, put them into the slider in the order you want them, then drag them out.
• Create reading lists (by making copies of comics that don't take up any space on your device)
• Create series and dividers right in the app. Dividers are lists that can hold comics, series and even other dividers.
• Tap the ‘i’ info icon for comics, series and dividers. You can rename entries, sort a series or mark items as read or unread.
• When zooming, hold the gesture for half a second. Comic Zeal will lock that zoom and position when you turn the page, it's a great way to hide borders.
Comics used in the screenshots:
'Escape from Planet Nowhere', © 2010 Otis Frampton, http://planet-nowhere.com/
Please note, there is a problem with Google Drive’s iOS extension that doesn’t allow you to open comic and other files that they consider to be ’non-standard’. You can read more about it here: https://goo.gl/EKVRbN and here https://goo.gl/XXYRQI . You can open Comics from the Google Drive app itself using the 'Open in ...' option, just not directly from Comic Zeal.
What's New in Version 9.1.1
I'm trying something a little different with Comic Zeal now. My aim is to get you lots of quick updates and fixes instead of going for big releases every once in a while.
It's the way I like to work, I like quick feedback, but in the past it hasn't been possible because Apple took up to a week to review apps, so any changes would take a while to go up, but more importantly it meant that if anything went wrong with an update it took a week to get a fix out. Two weeks if App Review found something wrong. So it really discouraged developers from making small changes.
So I aimed for larger changes, but larger changes take longer and need MUCH more testing. My beta testers for Comic Zeal are great but they are volunteers and don't go into every nook and cranny. New features are tested well, but it's very difficult to go back and test everything in an app, human nature is to focus just on what has changed.
Now Apple is reviewing apps much more quickly so I can get updates out more often, if something goes wrong I can fix it quickly too. I like it!
It will also mean that I can make big changes one small step at a time, slowly adding improvements that may not be complete and getting your impressions on where I'm heading.
I like that too. So please give this new version a try, I'd love to hear back from you, you can reach me on twitter at @bitolithic .
Ok, so after all that what has actually changed?
Fixed issue where on iPhones, if the user was reading a manga, and the last page was in landscape format then the last page would disappear (magic?!) when the user scrolled all the way to the left. Which meant you didn't get to see the ending ...
Also fixed some crashing bugs.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 27 May 2016
- Version: 9.1.1
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bitolithic Pty Ltd
- © 2015 Bitolithic Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extra Themes$2.99
- Unread Comic Finder$2.99