Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Compressor adds power and flexibility to Final Cut Pro X export. Customize output settings, work faster with distributed encoding, and tap into a comprehensive set of delivery features.
Powerful Encoding for Final Cut Pro
• Use Compressor to customize encoding settings available in Final Cut Pro
• Choose from a wide array of codecs, sizes, frame rates, and other parameters
• Save your custom settings in Compressor; they automatically appear in Final Cut Pro
• Share settings with other editors, even if Compressor isn't installed on their workstations
Time-Saving Encoding Workflow
• Work fast using a single-window interface and preset Destinations for common encoding tasks
• Experiment freely with encoding options, using real-time feedback in the Preview window
• Find exactly the setting you need in just a few clicks in the updated settings library
• Set up batch processes to streamline the encoding of large numbers of files
• Build custom Destinations to combine encoding with tasks such as moving or copying files
• Create self-contained Droplets to encode on the desktop with drag-and-drop ease
Industry-Standard Encoding Support
• Use one-step settings for Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, and Facebook
• Work with a choice of themed menus to encode and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Add chapter markers for discs or podcasts distributed on iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Apple TV
• Encode to a broad range of industry-standard formats, such as MPEG-2, H.264, and ProRes
• Generate files for HTTP live streaming in a single step
• Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD, or PNG image sequences and encode them to any setting
• Tap into advanced encoding features for adding closed captioning, metadata, and more
Pristine Format Conversions
• Convert any file from its source format to another format, such as NTSC to PAL or SD to HD
• Clean up and customize your content using image filters, a timecode overlay, and watermarks
• Speed up video, slow it down, or adjust the frame rate to make the duration match a runtime
• Save time by distributing encoding work among multiple cores and workstations
• Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a node for distributed encoding
• Speed up encoding in Final Cut Pro by choosing a group of shared computers for exporting
System Requirements: OS X v10.9 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K), 1.1GB of disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
• Resolves issues installing Compressor on a system where Qmaster was previously enabled
• Improves reliability of Send to Compressor from Final Cut Pro X
• Addresses distributed encoding errors when source files are not on the startup volume
• Fixes errors that could cause a hang when submitting a batch
• Fixes a stability issue that could occur if multiple Compressor plug-ins are installed
• Resolves an issue when viewing a plug-in setting without the plug-in installed
• Includes general stability improvements
Introduced in Version 4.1
• New interface with a single-window layout and streamlined controls
• Preset Destinations for common encoding tasks
• Simplified setup for distributed encoding
• Hardware-based H.264 encoding in supported Share operations
• Support for Dolby Digital Plus encoding
• Share directly to YouTube at 4K resolution
• Share directly to Chinese video sites Youku and Tudou
Fixing the reliabilty issue from FCPX is great…I’m sure anyone who has used 4.0 knew about the meltdown issues with bigger projects.
This basically will eliminate the need to get “fix-it” apps.
Installs quick and operates smoothly with the biggests of projects.
All round its a great tool…look after it Apple.
At present I cant even use compressor, I add my video file and it just hangs. I have read some reviews on the net and it seems to be a problem going around. I wouldnt bother until this gets an update.
Although when it works it is good, especially with intergration with FCPX
- Category: Video
- Updated: 11 February 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 318 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Pty Limited
- © 2011-2014
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor