Welcome to the Core Advantage Interval Timer.
After years of wishing and weeks of building, the Core Advantage Interval Timing app is finally available for you to download on iOS.
Choose from our list of pre-build athlete specific workout modes or build your own workout with the custom option. You can even listen to your own music/podcasts while you workout!
- 8:12s. The most effective and efficient way to improve anaerobic fitness on a spin bike
- Game Fit. The world’s best sports replication drill designed to replicate the movement patterns, muscle groups and fitness demands of team sport
- Repeat Sprints. Long slow cardio is ineffective for power athletes get fit with repeated high-velocity sprints
- Stretching. Custom built for the Core Advantage Crouching three stretching protocol
- Custom. Build and save your own timing protocols with our workout builder.
Version 1.1 Update:
A few little bug fixes and performance upgrades, some slipped our mind for 1.0, some you helped us find!
- There was a problem where podcasts/music would cut out when opening the app. That is no longer an issue, interruption-free audio from here on in.
- There was a link or two missing from our descriptions. We also had a rather embarrassing extra ‘the’ in one sentence. Thanks for having our back Dec.
Tennille’s timing tightens up:
- Tennille wasn’t happy with the timing between the countdown clock and the warning sounds. Davey has fixed this and apologised.
The pain multiplier:
- More than one athlete requested we add in a “do it again option”. We loved their intensity and madness so we obliged. You can now restart a workout instantly without leaving the workout screen.
- You can now see the name of your workout while you are doing it. Removes some of the mystery if you forgot what you selected during the warm-up.
Faster load time:
- We have changed the way the app loads when you first open it up. This means the time between you and the hard work just got a little bit shorter.
Last round call:
- When you finally reach the last round of your workout the screen will now congratulate you and remind you with a “last round” message
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t hear the beeps when phone is locked
Did an interval running session and locked my phone however beeps do not go off when phone is locked only when the app is opened. Running session didn’t go well due to not knowing when to run hard and when it was rest. Had to adjust and leave phone unlocked and phone running, which used a lot more battery.
Other than that it’s a great and easy to set up an interval session. Just makes beeps louder as when music is playing it’s hard to hear and make it that the beeps go off when phone is locked
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.