CSV files — comma separated values — are a widely used file type for the transfer of simple information. It's a format used by Excel and a host of other applications in finance and other industries.
CSVEdit will open these files supporting a user-selectable set of field delimiters and file encodings, allow you to search and filter (ie, only show rows containing a string), and edit the files. Fields can be altered, rows added, reordered and/or removed, columns added or deleted. CSVEdit supports undo so you can try things out.
By changing the file's characteristics, you can open SQL data extracts (hint: change the field separator to "|") or many other row-based formats.
The files can then be saved, optionally using new delimiters or in a different file encoding to make translating between formats easy.
It all adds up to a simple but powerful tool for browsing and editing CSV files.
Note: CSVEdit does not save comment lines present in the input when writing out files.
– New option in preferences to set default view settings for grid and line number for new documents.
– Document view settings for grid and line numbers are saved when document is saved.
– Double quote settings are initialised from the guessed file attributes.
– When adding a new column, it will be inserted after the currently selected cell (if there is one).
– Improved performance when loading large files.
– Rapid scrolling performance improved.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and elegant solution
I just purchased another application that was $4 cheaper than this one. It crashes all the time, where as this app works and does what it says it does. We'll worth $2. Thankyou for product that works.
I’ve used CSV edit since first out and it goes well. Really useful and saved me a heap of time on several occasions.
Support when needed has been very helpful. Thanks for updating
Good CSV Editor
This is a good little app. Much better than some of the paid ones out there. The way the keyboard navigates is good and suits me well. The only thing I would ask is that there is a way to assign shortcuts or at least assign a shortcut for a new line.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.