By News Digital Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Immerse yourself in the Daily Editions of The Australian delivered to your iPad and iPhone every morning. Enjoy our easy-to-navigate app that allows you to browse stories just like reading the paper, with interactive features, full screen galleries and video.
Subscribers to The Australian have access to:
· Award-winning journalism: news from Australia and around the world – leading opinion, commentary and analysis from the most experienced journalists and correspondents
· Market-leading business coverage: The Australian Business Review each day in The Australian includes comprehensive coverage across every sector - Companies and Markets, Financial Services, Commercial Property, Business Gossip, Mergers & Acquisition
· Dedicated weekly industry coverage: Media, IT, Higher Education, Legal Affairs and Aviation
· ‘Editor’s Picks’: Specially curated news and commentary from the Editor
· Enjoy your downtime: lose yourself in The Australian’s magazines and sections, including REVIEW, The Deal, WISH and The Weekend Australian Magazine
· Challenge yourself: Mind Games gives you daily crosswords from The Times and Sunday Times plus, Sudoku puzzles and the daily general knowledge quiz
· Browse online, offline, anytime: Browse a whole week of editions, including magazines and sections.
Subscribe via iTunes for app-only access for $33.99 per month, recurring, and receive your first month FREE.
If you are an existing subscriber just log in with your existing username and password.
Please note: This App supports iPads & iPhones on iOS8 and above.
NB: Please be advised that with the release of Version 5.0 and our improvements to the Digital Print Edition platform (iPad only) user's archive of Digital Print Editions will no longer be available to view.
What's New in Version 5.0.16
Redesign of Live Score
Push Notification Banner
This app behaves more like an alpha version. After 2 or so years of using it as a paid subscriber, I still regularly have text chopped off the end of pages and get randomly bounced back to the front page, forcing me to relocate the article I was reading. There's no search function (article author etc), no dictionary or Wiki lookup (like in eBook readers), text is not selectable and formatting is often broken. I'd rather read the browser version, but there are numerous animated ads trying to attract your attention, which is quite irritating, especially since I'm paying for it. But I keep up my subscription because The Australian's content is way ahead of any other Oz paper these days. I just wish they'd put some effort into their reader.
It's good but cd be better
I use it on both iPad and iPhone and whilst I generally like it, I'd love a few extras such as the ability to see and make comments and to share articles. I also find it annoying that it doesn't always download the full article, inviting you to swipe to the next page but that swipe takes you instead to the next article. It would also be good if from a newsflash or update email it actually opened the App instead a browser.
It's not a bad app. What irks me is when I get news update emails from The Australian I can't go to the app straight from there. I need to enter my user name and password or open the app myself to find the article. I suggest this should not be necessary. As a subscriber, I should be able to click on an item in the email and it gets shown in the app. Can that be done?
- Category: News
- Updated: 10 October 2016
- Version: 5.0.16
- Size: 131 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: News Digital Media
- © Nationwide News Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Australian App$33.99
- 31 Day Subscription to The Australian$17.99
- 31 Day Subscription to The Australian$5.99
- 6 Month Subscription to The Australian$54.99
- Dummy The Australian$0.49