Dark Meadow: The Pact
By Phosphor Games Studio, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FREE VERSION OF THE VISUALLY STUNNING, ENGROSSING STORYTELLING GAME ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE!
Nominated for Mobile Game of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* IGN: "worth playing just to experience the game’s huge amount of eccentric dialogue, and to experience the unfolding mystery.... one of the best to hit the App Store in recent memory."
* KOTAKU: "at home in the halls of BioShock's Rapture...disturbingly gorgeous experience."
* DESTRUCTOID: "a very atmospheric and engrossing game with a delicious streak of dark humor coursing through its veins.. worth picking up for anybody with an interest in iOS gaming."
* JOYSTIQ: "It's a surprisingly funny, gorgeous game that's an easy recommendation... ram home the truth that mobile games are getting surprisingly good at creating big worlds on tiny screens."
* TOUCH ARCADE: "The Dark Meadow is a standout in almost every way. From look to setting to the touch-centric gameplay, it shines, and you can tell this title was crafted with much love "
* GIZMODO.UK: "a splendid achievement. The bar has been raised, the gauntlet has been thrown down, and the hyperbole has been exhausted. We can’t wait to see the next game that tries to go one better."
* MODOJO: "a cross between BioShock and Infinity Blade... a hauntingly beautiful and intriguing game everyone should play, as it offers both a compelling adventure and a glimpse into the future of smart phone gaming. "
* GAMEZEBO: "arguably the best title to come to the genre. It's gorgeous, it's creepy, and it's a blast to play. This is the perfect game to play during the Halloween season. "
A dark fairytale of intrigue and mystery, where the sins of the past must be paid for… So sets the stage for The Dark Meadow -- a visually stunning world of deep exploration, gripping story, and heart racing combat, created with the unrivaled power of the Unreal Engine 3.
You awake in a hospital uncertain of how you arrived there or why. An old man warns of a beautiful witch whose minions roam the halls seeking the living. It is only when the witch is destroyed that you will be released from this unrelenting torment.
Using fun and intuitive fully gesture-based controls, you explore the decaying ruins of Montclair Hospital, armed with your crossbow for long-range combat as well as your sword for up close and personal melee battles.
The best elements from role-playing games encourage exploration as a wide variety of items are secreted throughout the world – from hidden scraps of paper that reveal the mystery of your imprisonment, to weapons and items, to money which can be used to purchase better equipment and weapons.
- Visually stunning, photo-realistic world built with the Unreal 3 engine
- A mature plot, stylized as a dark modern fairytale with bizarre twists and turns;
- In-world storytelling and quality acting
- Gesture-based action: crossbow ranged combat with ‘pull back and fire’ mechanic, slashing melee combat with dodging, blocking, and combos;
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean , Italian, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
-Fixed Retina support issues so graphics on mobile devices now render as they should
-Fixed a bug where health packs were not spawning in world as they should
-Adjusted enemy loot drops to be more generous
-Increased Sun Coin rewards from killstreaks
-Premium Game and upgrade now convert all costs of swords, crossbows, and amulets permanently into gold from sun coins
Good, wholesome, immersively creepy gameplay
Dark Meadow evokes a creepy sense of immersion that no other game on touch based devices has to-date. It's obvious this game was crafted with much love, which shows in every aspect from the beautiful visuals right down to the script-writing.
And it shows finesse in its crafting; it's paced restrainedly and beautifully, it doesn't explain too much in order to perpetuate its mysterious feel, it's just creepy enough to have you dreading what's ahead yet compelled to advance, and it'll kill you a hundred times and still have you wanting more... Be prepared to lose many hours of sleep to this work of art, one way or another.
No in app purchases required!
Great game, kept me entertained and wanting to beat it. I love a game where it keeps you going back for more over and over again. Love the old guy talking to me "by the way, that's not maintenance, just kill that thing!" I don't know why people think you need to spend money, you just have to kill 5 demons for sun coins although I only used them to buy first aid kits and sun bombs otherwise the weapons you buy with the cash you find in the game will get you all the way to the end.
Great game but...
I really enjoyed this game until it gets hard to the point where you have to spend bucks to finish. Some of the items I wanted to buy we're available in more than one currency (sun coins or gold coins) but after spending the money I needed to buy the item they changed the price to the other currency which meant my dollars spent were wasted - what a dirty trick to get you to spend money!
It really spoiled the end when I realized I was being screwed over.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 April 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 573 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Phosphor Games, LLC
- © 2012 Phosphor Games, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 210 Sun Coins$2.49
- 100 Sun Coins$1.29
- Premium Upgrade$7.49
- 550 Sun Coins$6.49
- 100,000 Gold Pieces$2.49
- 35,000 Gold Pieces$1.29
- 2,000,000 Gold Pieces$24.99
- 1250 Sun Coins$12.99
- 300,000 Gold Pieces$6.49
- 800,000 Gold Pieces$12.99