Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
• Customizable quick entries (including tags and activity data)
• Last photo taken
• View recent entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17
- NEW: Day One Sync—An alternative service for syncing your Day One journal.
(To learn more visit: http://dayoneapp.com/sync)
- FIXED: Various Apple Watch bug fixes and performance improvements.
- IMPROVED: Diagnostics email includes additional information.
- NEW: Added two new fonts—"Open Sans" and "Roboto."
I thought this would be a great alternative to lugging a journal around, especially as there is the option to put photos in with journal entries. However, I am finding it quite frustrating trying to put photos from my library in with calendar entries. It's not intuitive and there isn't a FAQ option.
On iPhone 5s, just make sure you have the latest OS update or it might not sync.
When it does sync, it's brilliant.
One draw back is that you can only attach one photo per note.
Best Journal App!
This is honestly the best journal app that I have used. I have tested out so many to find the right one, and this is my absolute favourite. I highly recommend it! <3
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 14 May 2015
- Version: 1.17
- Size: 37.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.