Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
• Customizable quick entries (including tags and activity data)
• Last photo taken
• View recent entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17.1
- Added support for using 1Password when logging into a Day One account.
- Fixed issue with "Last Photo Taken" option when adding a photo to an entry.
- Fixed issue where some international regions with 12-hour time wouldn't use photo metadata when setting an entry’s date/time to photo’s date/time.
- Day One Sync performance improvements.
- Other minor improvements.
Lost all data upon last update
Ive been using this application for quite some time now but alas this last update has definitely turned me off using it any further. I am a young adult user having considerable experience with Macs so there is no reason to doubt the validity of this claim.
Had quite a large entry base with very detailed notes. Since having updated the application I had decided to use it again very recently upon noticing that ALL of my entries are no longer present - They are nonexistent and seem to have disappeared - even after all the passwords and data entered there remains zero trace of it all - literally wasting my time up until now.
I think ill stick to Pages and just password my notes. Sorry for the bitter response but this simply is unacceptable when you entrust an application with sensitive information - only to find it has been erased.
Best app I have, needs ENCRYPTION THOUGH!! - STILL! ARGH!
Ive used this app every day for almost 2 years! I love it! I record my daily activities each night before bed! Best app out there!
I have no idea why the developers don't include encryption though!? I would consider this a HUGE let down! Common guys! You've had this app out for a long time, it's time to include encryption! ;)
Want to see a way to have multiple images split in frames on the one image,there are a lot of third party apps out there that do it, but it's a hassle
I have used this app for many years now and I'm so glad that such a well designed UI contains some of the most important memories of my life.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 17 June 2015
- Version: 1.17.1
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.