Day One (Journal / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
APP OF THE WEEK SALE EXTENDED!
20% OFF the Mac version of Day One until July 17th.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.14.1
- Tumblr sharing now supported in Publish.
- Train/metro icon for motion activity.
- Eliminated crash when trying to use Publish features.
- Deleted entries don't reappear in timeline when sync is disabled. (Note: There will still be some cases where deleted entries might reappear when using syncing, but this is by design to avoid accidental data loss.)
- Improved search for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other multi-byte characters.
- Fixed timeline crashes.
- Photos don't hide in landscape mode.
- Performance improvements.
- We won an Apple Design Award!
A breeze to work with and not too limiting although it could use a few extra features to make it more complete.
The option to convert your journals into PDF files is great!
- Pandarific Gamer
Awesome app, well presented, well designed and a load of fun to take a photo and write a blurb about the day, it includes my location and the weather automatically giving a memoir of the days gone by.
How to invite friends/publish more than one story
I am pleased with this app. I'm also happy it is the app of the week it deserves to be. Inviting friends should be an option. Also we all should be given the chance to publish more than one entry.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 23 June 2014
- Version: 1.14.1
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.