Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
• Customizable quick entries (including tags and activity data)
• Last photo taken
• View recent entries
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17.3
Fixed: Some users of iCloud Sync were unable to move beyond the "Preparing Journal" screen.
Nice UI, Reliable Sync modes and great potential for additional features
I use this app mainly on my iPhone but I do occasionally use it on my iPad and on my MacBook Pro. I use it in a professional sense and in a personal one (I have two different libraries).
The feature I'm most looking forward to is multiple photos in entries, which is currently restricted to one. My current workaround for this is using the free Layout app by Instagram.
Otherwise I really like the weather and location features, which are really important for tracking details in my professional role as an engineer.
I highly recommend this app, I've been using it for 2 years now and it's just amazing so see what I've been up to.
Wasn't sure how I'd get on with it as I have tried a few other journal style apps but it's amazing. So easy to jot down what's going on and the associated data that can be added at the touch of an icon is great. Can't wait to be able to look back over a years worth of memories. Just wish I'd found it sooner.
Everything you need in a journal
Day One is a great app. It includes all that you need in a journal. It's easy to use, you can include a photo, you can allow it to include you location and weather, and what I find best of all is that is syncs across all of your devices through iCloud or through its own Day One Sync
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 22 August 2015
- Version: 1.17.3
- Size: 39.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.