DDx Teacher: The Adult Bedside Differential Diagnosis Tool
This app is an educational tool to help both students and health care professionals generate a differential diagnosis, based largely on the history and physical.
- Common symptoms are described, organized by organ system
- Each symptom is followed by a list of possible diagnoses
- SEARCH by Keywords allows you to look for specific diagnoses or symptoms.
- Diagnoses are organized by anatomic area, organ system, acute/chronic, painful/painless or other helpful schema whenever possible.
- Infections can be searched by pathogen (e.g. virus, bacteria), organism (e.g. e coli), organ system (e.g. lung) or disease (e.g. pneumonia).
- This app can also be used as a Review of Systems guide, with common questions grouped by organ system. Specific diagnoses to consider for any positive result follow each question.
The main features of this app are self-contained and can be used without an internet connection. Links to disease specific information, physical exam maneuvers and related images are embedded in multiple places.
This app was developed by physicians for medical students worldwide. This is an educational tool for medical students and other health care professionals. It is not designed to provide medical advice nor to be used in the place of input from trained clinicians. The lay public should not use DDx Teacher to diagnose their symptoms.
- Charles Goldberg
- 10.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.