With regular practice, meditation has been shown to give many positive benefits:
• Develops a deeper level of concentration
• Improves sleep
• Reduces inflammation and pain
• Improves reasoning, decision-making, cognition and communication
• Enhances immunity
• Increases number of positive neurotransmitters
• Assists in slowing down the busy chatter of the mind
• Enables a deeper understanding of the mind and thinking habits
• Clears repressed memories and impressions
• Develops positive qualities such as patience, compassion, inner security
Ajapa japa is a powerful and complete meditation practice that can gradually take an aspirant from the most elementary level of body and environmental awareness to the highest stages of meditation. The practice involves repetition of a mantra in combination with an awareness of the movement of the breath through specific energy pathways in the body.
• Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced
• One complete 10 min guided meditation practice
• Includes a complete ‘how to‘ guide and instructions for effective practice
Created by Madhav West, a highly experienced yoga and meditation teacher. Madhav received 4 years full time professional training at the Satyananda Yoga Academy Australia and the Bihar School of Yoga in India in Yogic Science. He is also qualified in the field of Health Science and Naturopathic Medicine.
- minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I found this immensely helpful for a newbie like me. Thanks for your effort.
I use this app several times a week and never tire of it. Lovely voice and authentic treatment of this beneficial practice. Highly recommended. Please publish more yoga apps. Gifted teaching needs to be shared.
great meditation app
great app - ambient non American accent. sufficient guidance. the yoga nidra one is also good. both suit seasoned meditators who sometimes prefer guidance or use it as a pro sleep tool, but it's also good for first timers. we do this at work every day, and the novices certainly get a lot out of it, especially doing it regularly. personally I'll buy the full version for the differ durations of meditations.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.