Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Chosen as Game of the Year in the "Mac App Store Best of 2012" selection.
At the edge of humanity, there’s nothing to stop you falling.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
When former SWAT commander Adam Jensen is forced to undergo cybernetic augmentation, he discovers that the boundary between man and machine is a point of no return. Uncover the truth behind a global conspiracy in a first-person role-playing game where you must combine combat, stealth, hacking and social interaction to determine the course of human evolution.
In a world where amoral corporations market biomechanical modifications and those who protest against them are silenced, only those who adapt survive. Discover the true potential of your augmentations and manipulate Adam’s body into your perfect machine.
• Discover what led to the events of the groundbreaking Deus Ex in this visionary prequel, set 25 years before the original game.
• Experience truly open-ended gameplay in a world where your every choice has a lasting consequence.
• Unlock and upgrade augmentations to Adam’s limbs, eyes, brain, skin and lungs as you develop his body to suit your playing style.
• Wield the power of robotic limbs to perform brutal takedowns on your foes.
• Become invisible, move silently and see through walls as you use stealth upgrades to sneak past deadly troops and penetrate forbidden zones.
• Hack into security systems to read e-mails, disable surveillance cameras and unlock doors to hidden areas.
• Make friends and influence people! Become a master of persuasion and convince intriguing characters to give you information and behave as you want them to.
• Immerse yourself in strikingly inventive futuristic visions of Detroit and Shanghai, where cyberpunk sensibility meets Renaissance aesthetic. Explore every corner of these cities to uncover hundreds of secrets.
• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition contains The Missing Link DLC and the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement expansion packs.
• The game also contains a 44-minute "making-of" documentary, a 40-page book of design and concept art, motion comic, a soundtrack composed by Michael McCann and three trailers.
Important information regarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 17GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000, Intel HD4000 and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/deusexhr
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixes an audio track issue that was affecting the final video of the game.
• Fixes an issue that was affecting the right-click function on trackpads.
• Improves support for third-party mice, keyboards and graphics tablets.
A worthy successor to the original Deus Ex
This is, quite simply, a brilliant game. It takes the best parts of the original Deus Ex and throws in updated graphics to make a visually stunning and challenging game. The best featurs include the multiple ways to complete challenges, the choices that need to be made around what fits in your inventory as well as the way to upgrade your abilities by the use of Praxis kits.
You can choose to play in a kill-everything-that-moves style, or choose to sneak around and find alternative entries or solutions. Enemies can be kiled or drugged/knocked out - you have the choice. Your decision to help a person on a side quest can come back to reward you in unexpected ways later in the game.
My only complaint about the game is that it could be longer - it is a reasonable length but a few more hours of gameplay would benefit.
Once again, the story line is a winner with a complex but believable sotry and characters that you can interact with in different ways - choosing whether to challenge or appease them in conversations - allowing you to alter the direction of the scene. The original Deus Ex was, in my opinion, one of the best FPS games ever written and this is a worthy successor (ignoring the rather atrocious second instalment)
Well worth the money and it is fantastic to see games of this quality being made available on the Mac - keep it up!! Here's hoping that they release the original game for OSX one day!!
Its an interesting port to the mac
I was planning to buy this game on steam for my mac and realised that it was only compatable with PCs. Then I found this on the app store, and includes most or all the DLC of the game. Their were only a few problems regarding the startup. One problem is that when it started up, the game responded saying that my system wasn't supported. It turns out that when I did play the game, there was no problem at all, besides taking a little longer to load, it was fine.
The game in gerneral is great, the game is basicly a FPS RPG, there is only a few who have done this and so far this game has done it right.
Addictive and fun…but then suddenly...
It's a really great game, I downloaded it and have been playing through the game over this week, it gets you really caught up in the story but then during the battle with the quantum computer in the broadcast station the game crashes in the same spot each time.
It reminds me of the movie 'Contact'; starts awesome and builds up excitement, but then all or a sudden it takes a nose dive and leaves you wondering what on earth just happened.
I'm gonna go ahead and plant one star here, but if the crash issue get fixed I'll water it and make it grow into a full 5 big boy stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 05 May 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 16.66 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2010-2012 Square Enix Ltd. DEUS EX, the DEUS EX logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and the EIDOS MONTREAL logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later