Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes de inglés
By Oxford University Press
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you speak Spanish and want to learn English? The Diccionario Oxford Pocket is a popular bilingual dictionary that is used and trusted by Spanish-speaking learners of English to develop their vocabulary and language skills. You can look up a word in either Spanish or English to find its translation, hear English words pronounced, and learn how to use them correctly.
The Diccionario Oxford Pocket is a best-seller, and is now available as an app with the full A-Z dictionary, real voice (not text to speech) audio, and My View to customize your screen. The app is developed by the same team of editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Find the word you want
• Search for the word you want in either English or Spanish, and switch dictionary sides with one tap
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• Find a word even if you don’t know the spelling with the ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search
• Swipe right and left to move through the dictionary alphabetically
• All the dictionary text is live – tap any word in an entry to look it up
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
Improve your pronunciation
• Listen to the high quality, real-voice audio pronunciation of the English words in both British and American English
• Practise your pronunciation: hear words pronounced with British and American accents, record yourself saying the words and compare your pronunciation
• No internet access required to access the audio content
Personalize your learning
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, pictures, cross-references – tap to show the full entry again
• Create your own list of Favourite words, and create Folders to organize and store them
Learn more with a dictionary that’s specifically written for Spanish-speaking learners of English
• More than 69,000 words, phrases and examples – extensive coverage to meet the needs of English language learners
• The most important words to learn in English are clearly marked with a key (the Oxford 3000™)
• Hundreds of colour illustrations, which you can enlarge and explore to further extend your vocabulary
• Study all English verb forms and hear them pronounced
• Extra information, written especially for Spanish-speaking learners of English, appears in usage notes, for example related vocabulary, grammar and cultural information
• Build your topic vocabulary using pre-loaded Topics that bring together words to talk about Computing, Jobs, Sports, etc.
• Tap on any IPA to bring up a key to the phonetic symbols
What's New in Version 1.3
Important: iOS 6 is no longer supported. Please update your device to iOS 7 or iOS 8 to update this app.
Thank you for your patience while we prepared this update, and apologies to iOS 8 users who have been unable to use the app since the software upgrade.
This update adds full support for iOS 7 and 8. We have updated the design of the app, and added a few other minor improvements. For example, you can now resize the text in the word list independently from the text in the dictionary entries.
All your Favourites will be preserved when you update.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 17 October 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 221 MB
- Language: Spanish
- Seller: Oxford University Press ELT
- © 2012 Oxford University Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.