Download the most essential and comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPad– with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms. The app is designed and optimized for your device.
Easily search definitions and synonyms offline. You can access the offline dictionary anytime and anywhere - you do not need an internet connection. Voice search and audio pronunciation requires connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes more features than you might expect:
• Word of the Day – expand your vocabulary and challenge yourself daily
• Audio pronunciation – increase confidence in English and never mispronounce another word
• Voice Searches – conveniently speak to search a word without having to spell it
• Articles – explore hundreds of fun topics on language, grammar, and words in the wild
• Slideshows – learn fascinating facts about language
• Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn and save words for future reference
• Word origin - discover interesting etymologies for even the strangest words
• Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you or by location
• Spelling suggestions – not sure how a word is spelled? Spell check in the app will help
• Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Extra upgrades included in our Pro App:
• Remove Ads
• Slang Dictionary
• Idioms and Phrases
• Example Sentences
• Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
- Fixed issue where Push Notifications would not turn on in app after allowing them.
Ratings and Reviews
must have features
When a screen pups up for a word if i want to get definition for other words there isn’t a way to be redirected back to my previous screen. It also missing ios 11 compatibility, it would be very convenient to use simultaneously on the same screen while reading articles without exiting.
Only one issue.
Only issue is that it doesn’t support higher resolution of iPad Pro 12”. Other than that it’s awesome!
No split view
Disappointing that the “premium” app doesn’t allow split view. It’s not productive when using Microsoft Word, or other word processing applications.
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 199.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Rhyming Dictionary Upgrade $2.99
- Grammar & Tips Upgrade $2.99
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.