Discourse is the 100% open source discussion platform built for the next decade of the Internet. It works as:
- a mailing list
- a discussion forum
- a long-form chat room
The application provides:
- Real time push notifications *
- At a glance tell how many unread/new topics your forums have by looking at the app icon
- A central spot to view all notifications, unread counts and new counts
- Uses Safari as the website browser, no need to log in again
* For officially hosted Discourse forums
Overall performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Getting back on track
This version finally gets back to a functional hub that it was intended as. Latest update is a good improvement with a lot of important fixes
When you open the app it brings you to the list of forums. When you tap on any forum, it opens in Safari. I could just use Safari. This app is now pointless. I sincerely hope this is just a widespread bug and that you fix it quickly, if so I will update my review/rating.
Update: the app defaults to opening content in Safari, however if you open Discourse settings in the iOS settings app you can change this. Very annoying though and judging by another review of this app, they didn’t figure that out.
After latest update, open the app and you have nothing but a white screen if you wait few seconds. Pathetic
- Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.
- 7.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.