DocAppointment is an advanced application designed to enable patients to make appointments with doctors that have made appointments available via the DocAppointment network IN AUSTRALIA.
Please note that only surgeries using the DocAppointments system are available for online appointments through the DocAppointments app.
If your doctor's surgery is not part of the DocAppointments system please make a request at the surgery.
You can choose any available appointment with a touch of the screen 24h/day and receive an email confirmation when making or cancelling your appointment.
Please note that some doctors choose not to be listed in the directory while still having the online appointment option. If your doctor is not listed please inquire in your doctor’s surgery.
PLEASE NOTE: DocAppointment negotiates with each participating surgery's server. Problems with a surgery's server of with how a surgery has configured its doctors or appointments is not indicative of a problem with the DocAppointment app. If you experience any problems please contact DocAppointment support or email firstname.lastname@example.org before writing an inaccurate review.
PLEASE NOTE: If you receive an email address or username in use message try entering a different username. If you experience any problems please contact DocAppointment support or email email@example.com before writing an inaccurate review.
- ability to make appointments with any doctor that has available appointments in the system (REGISTERED SURGERIES ONLY)
- easy registration for you and your family
- email confirmation when making and/or cancelling an appointment
- 24-hour instant access via your iPhone to all available appointments … no more waiting on the phone for a busy receptionist to answer your call. Choose the most convenient appointment for you, not just the one offered by the receptionist
- One touch cancellation feature if unable to attend an appointment
- A “My Doctor Appointment” button that gives you direct access to the last doctor you selected
- One screen displaying all days with available appointments, with the doctor of your choice, during current month
Ratings and Reviews
Although this is an invaluable tool for making doctors appointments it would be even better if it could be modified to only use location services when the app is 'in use'. Having it only able to be set to 'always' to get it to function cost valuable battery power.
Another problem which has arisen in a recent update (or IOS update) is that the calendar does not show dates, just a hatched pattern!
An additional problem is the limitation of only one appointment recorded at a time. I had an important appointment NOT made with DocApp cancelled after I made another one using the app. This seems totally unnecessary specially since they were with different doctors.
Providing a great service- but please allow location services to be off
I think this app provides a fantastic service and when I need it, I am so grateful for it. However, if I leave location services for this app on it chews through my battery at double the normal rate. But you have to turn on location services to use the app. So I turn it on, use the app, turn it off again. You could just allow location services 'only when using the app' - most other apps do this.
Great when it works but drives you crazy when it doesn't!
This is a great concept and theoretically makes booking a doctor easy. I like that you can look at all of the free appointment times and work in with your diary without annoying the busy medical receptionist.
HOWEVER, when I opened the app recently it did not remember me and has no capacity for an existing member to log back in. It makes you register as a new patient but you only get half way in the process before it realises your email address is already in use. Really frustrating!!
I also don't like that it uses location services always. Most apps allow you to select "while using".
- mediaRare Pty Ltd
- 3.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 DocAppointments
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.