Office anywhere with Docs To Go: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint*) & view Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device with the original & #1 selling mobile MS Office suite of all time.
Documents To Go® Standard contains best-in-class document viewing & editing. Options for connecting to multiple cloud storage accounts, desktop file sync, and opening password-protected files are available via in-app purchase.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 15th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledgebase at DataViz.com.
OVERALL STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Works on both iPhone and iPad
• View, edit, and create MS Office files (97-2015).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit supported files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Word (.doc, .docx) files
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit and/or insert bullets and numbering
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find & replace
• Word count
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Excel (.xls, .xlsx) spreadsheets
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options, including: font type, size, color, alignment, fill, highlight, category, and decimal place)
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find/find next
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• In-slide PowerPoint editing - Edit slide contents & formatting directly in the slide vs. a separate/outline view.
• Thumbnail slide sorter/view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• View/edit/add speaker notes
• Sort slides
• Promote/demote bullets
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2015 files
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
*PowerPoint files are view and edit only.
Fix for viewing problem with Excel and PowerPoint files.
Ratings and Reviews
LOVE IT!! BUT...
Love it! Have had it for over a year and use it all the time. The only drawback it has now is since the last update it is slow to load the docs and crashes frequently with the larger docs...need to save every 2 minutes in case it crashes again. Fails to recover which it used to do.
It's a good document viewer; needs 'zoom' though
Finally, a program that doubles as a document reader for .docx/doc files. It is also compatible with .pdf, powerpoint and excel although the Docs to Go only allows editing with Word.
It also promotes that editing on the iPhone will not alter the formatting.
Transfer to the program is easy via a downloadable desktop application (you receive the link via email after registering on your iPhone) and allows synchronisation of files/folders you wish to transfer to Docs to Go.
Two main faults:
1. Very slow loading times to open documents
2. Lack of zoom, an inherent capability of the iPhone is extremely annoying, especially with tables or larger documents.
Doesn't do what it advertises.
I've used this on palm and it seems to work well, but this version for iPhone appears to have been cranked out in a hurry with little testing or thought. It downloaded and installed easily, and after a little hunting on the DataViz website I downloaded the desktop component no problems but when I came to install my documents I had major issues:
1. If you copy documents you want to sync to the docstogo folder it moves them from their original location messing up filing.
2. It syncs pdf files well but I haven't managed to get it to sync anything from Office 1997 through to 2008 on my Mac.
3. To get anything at all to sync you have to have both documents to go open on your desktop and on your palm at the same time. Which is quite a hassle if you're doing it over the network.
4. Document viewing is clunky.
- DataViz, Inc
- 88.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 DataViz, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pack $26.99
- Cloud access add-on $10.99
- Desktop Sync add-on $10.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.