By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.9.16
• Fixes issue with table section header indentation on iOS 10
• Fixes font weight issue on episode details view on iOS 10
• Ignoring enclosure URLs when they are youtube links
Is a great app but the current version is very laggy.
I've been listening to podcasts almost since day 1 and Downcast is an awesome app. One of the best features is how incredibly customisable this app is and it does nearly everything I want. Have got family members using it as well.
I'd give it 5 stars if:
1/ The apps lag was gone. emails to support have gone unanswered but the website claims that the lag will be dealt with in the next version. It's been a long wait and there is no published ETA at present.
2/ Have to side with review by JagPop a 'Mark as Played' button is a brilliant idea. While we are at it bigger buttons would make it so much easier to control the app. I usually have my iphone in a cradle and it is a struggle to drag the progress slider to finish whilst driving to get rid of a podcast I'm done with listening too. Bigger audio control buttons would help as well.
Can't wait for the next revision.
Sound quality has gone weird
Have been using for years and loved downcast, but lately the sound has been distorted in headphones. Have tried listening to the same podcast file through downcast, apple podcast app and overcast and downcast is the only one with poor sound quality. Shame this has happened but thanks though for making the process of switching to overcast so easy with the export option.
Fab Podcasting App
Have loved using this app for over 12-months- I listen to about 20 hours of podcasts a week and like flexibility, ease and functionality of Downcast. Just tried ITunes version, which I used for many years pre Downcast and there's no comparison - Downcast better in every possible way.
- Category: News
- Updated: 09 August 2016
- Version: 2.9.16
- Size: 31.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2016 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Encouraging Tip$4.49
- Motivating Tip$9.99
- Inspiring Tip$17.99
- Galvanizing Tip$13.99