By Nuance Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.
With Dragon Dictation you can also update your Facebook status, send notes and reminders to yourself, or Tweet to the world….all using your voice. So when you’re on-the-go, stop typing and start speaking – from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between.
Dragon Dictation supports a multitude of global languages. For a full list of currently supported languages visit http://www.dragonmobileaustralia.com.au/.
• Voice-to-text transcriptions that may be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
• Submit update to Twitter & Facebook
• Convenient editing feature that provides list of suggested alternatives
• Voice driven correction interface
1. Dragon Dictation requires network connectivity (WiFi or 3G/EDGE).
2. Dragon Dictation works on iPad, iPhone, and on second and third generation iPod Touch (external microphone required).
In order to improve recognition accuracy, Dragon Dictation will only upload names from your address book when permission is provided... no emails, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information are uploaded. This information is not used for any purpose other than improving the usability of the application. Dragon Dictation will also utilize the data in spoken messages collected over time to continuously improve and provide high speech recognition accuracy. All data is stored in secure data centers according to stringent privacy and security standards. For more information, please view our end user license agreement http://www.dragonmobileapps.co.uk/EULA-dict.html
What's New in Version 2.0.28
A real life saver
What an amazing application! I have been using it extensively to dictate articles, Uni assignments, emails, web content, notes etc. I've used it in English, Russian and Spanish and I only need to make a relatively small number of corrections in those languages, certainly few enough to keep using it. I've got a lot of dictation done while in traffic too. Whenever I can't be bothered typing and have writer's block or physically can't type on the PC, I use this amazing free app for which I'm very grateful to its developers. I look forward to even better future versions.
Great app! Any new features coming?
Great word recognition capability in a couple of languages that I tested, better vocabulary and speed than other apps, feels much more natural. Impressive!
Possible improvements - vocal recognition of favourite names when sending to SMS for hands free texting.
- addition of Dragon as a choice on the apple keyboard so it could be used native inside emails and SMS etc.
Great app! Well done!
I don't work for Nuance nor review apps ever, but wanted to shoot down the baseless bad reviews. This works great. I've used the windows app and it picks up the Aussie accent pretty close to perfect. The windows app trains to your voice, don't know about this one. Comparable to google chrome voice to text I suppose.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 15 February 2013
- Version: 2.0.28
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Nuance Communications
- © 2011 Nuance Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.