DropVox - Record Voice Memos to Dropbox
By Irradiated Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
••• DropVox now requires explicit permission to access the microphone in iOS 7. If you're experiencing empty audio recordings, please make sure DropVox has permission in Settings > Privacy > Microphone. •••
Dropbox + Voice Memos = DropVox. It's that simple.
DropVox records audio and sends it directly to your Dropbox account in quality M4A format.
Use DropVox to capture your spoken ideas, reminders, and more. Later, you can listen to your recordings on your desktop computer using QuickTime or iTunes, or on your iOS device using Dropbox's own app.
• Quickly record audio and send it directly to your Dropbox account, saving you time and effort.
• Compressed M4A audio files sound great while saving you storage space and bandwidth.
• Background uploading so you can continue working with other applications*.
• Full Accessibility with VoiceOver.
• Option: Start recording immediately when DropVox launches. This makes voice recording a single click operation!
• Option: Continue recording while DropVox is in the background or your device is locked*.
Coming in 2.0:
• Recording quality setting.
• Only upload over wifi.
• Better UI with progress indicators.
Note about the recording workflow:
The recording process has been streamlined and eliminates the need to name your recordings or chose where to send them. Record, Stop, and DropVox handles the rest. Uploaded recordings are conveniently named after the current date and time ensuring they will show up in chronological order within your Dropbox folder.
Note about uploading:
If an internet connection is not available at the time of recording DropVox will store the files and upload them when internet is restored.
DISCLAIMER: DropVox makes every attempt to ensure your recordings are safely delivered to Dropbox, but given the number of things outside our control, it is possible for recordings to get lost. We recommend using DropVox for short, non-essential recordings. Under the right conditions DropVox can record for many hours.
DropVox requires a Dropbox account to work. Incase you haven't caught the wave yet, Dropbox is an amazing file syncing and sharing application that runs on almost every computer platform as well as the web. Sign up for 2GB of FREE Dropbox storage at http://www.dropbox.com/register
DropVox supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch 2nd gen or later (with a microphone attached).
* Background recording and uploading only supported on multitasking devices.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
• Fix for recordings getting stuck "Uploading."
• Fix for icon badge not showing the correct number of remaining uploads.
• Attempt to fix corruption when receiving a phone call during recording.
Very basic... maybe too basic
As a previous reviewer mentioned, having a pause button would be helpful.
Having some basic editing tools like trim to crop the audio file to a bracketed segment would help the user control file size.
Having the ability to select audio files from voice memos would be useful - like selecting from your photo album when you use Instagram.
Simply & Works Perfectly
This app is simple and it works perfectly. It desperately needs an update to include being able to use the 3.5mm socket to plug in an external source. Would be a 5star app with this update!!
Just need a pause button...
Simple interface which is awesome. Only needs one additional feature, a pause button! Surprised it hasn't got one already. Can't be that hard to add???
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 08 February 2013
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Irradiated Software, LLC
- © 2012 Irradiated Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.