Dumb Ways to Die
By Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You've seen the video - now the lives of those charmingly dumb characters are in your hands.
Enjoy 18 hilarious mini-games as you attempt to collect all the charmingly dumb characters for your train station, achieve high scores and unlock the famous music video that started it all.
Download the FREE game now to enjoy the new fun and remember, be safe around trains. A message from Metro.
- Why is his hair on fire? Who cares, just RUN!
- Quickly wipe your screen free of puke
- Balance that wobbling glue eater
- Flick the piranhas out of range of those precious private parts
- Swat wasps before it's too late
- Best not invite that psycho killer inside
- Carefully remove forks from toasters
- Help self-taught pilots
- Get back from the edge of the platform you fools
- Have patience at level crossings
- No crossing the tracks! Not even for balloons!
- And who knew rattlesnakes were so picky about mustard?
- Doing your own electrical work? Choose the wires carefully
- Mind the gap! Board the train safely
- Space is no fun without a helmet. Put it on now!
- Perfect your dumb-death prevention skills to unlock the full set of characters for your train station
- Earn your own local copy of the original video
- Compete against friends and highly skilled strangers on the Game Center leaderboard
Watch the original Webby and Cannes award-winning video here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw
© Metro Trains Melbourne, Dumb Ways to Die™
What's New in Version 1.6
Three exciting new mini-games!
SPACEMAN SPLAT - Our simple-minded spaceman has decided to remove his helmet. Help him put it back on before it’s too late!
MIND THE GAP - Help our safety challenged friends board the train. Be sure to mind the gap by jumping at exactly the right time.
DO YOUR OWN ELECTRICAL WORK - Play amateur electrician as you attempt to connect wires across the screen. Choose wisely, otherwise it’s all over!
Best played offline to keep ads away
Very addictive, stimulating and rather interesting concept of bringing the message home in a unique manner. We've seen how the characters lives have met untimely ends, but the game holds the concept of saving their lives in quirky ways quite well. Very smart!
Activity variations to keep gameplay fresh can help, plus the hope of more mini games for the other characters would give the game a little more life, and a lot more reasons to spread the rail safety message home.
Oh and I hope a new section that gives the factual nitty gritty like the desktop site does (mobile website is too simple though), in case anyone's interested. Gameplay's worth a laugh and a smile!
Addennum: The updates in the app are also very clever: in fact, the added variety of minigames proves very stimulating. Of course, if the ads between main menu confirmations continue to run, insist they be Metro related rather than unrelated apps please!
Really obnoxious whole screen ads
tl:dr - deleted
I hate ads but will endure the banner styles to get a feel of an app - these obnoxious ads however either lock up or take over the whole screen - what a pity such a potentially interesting app has chased the user out the door on first use... Don't bother with this in its current form...
(Sure you can turn off the wifi, but why should you remove your always on device from access just to use one app and then have to remember to put it back on - these quick fix casual style apps are meant to fill in time between other things, usually wifi connected things...)
It's really creative and lots of fun! I always play this when i'm bored and it always seems to cheer me up! When my sister suggested i should get this game i was like " no way " but she downloaded it anyway, when i tried it , it was tots fun! Thank u for making this app and now that dumb ways to die 2 is out, whats ur plans for dumb ways to die 3 ( if ur making one )? Anyway thanks again for making this app and BYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 08 August 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
- © Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.