Please Note: You must be able to login directly to the http://www.echo360.org website before you can use the mobile apps. Please make sure you can do this. If you can not please contact your university helpdesk for help with your account.
Instructors and students using Echo360’s active learning platform can now use Echo360’s streamlined design and intuitive interface to view lecture slides, watch course videos on-demand, and even capture and upload video content and publish it to the platform.
- View lecture slides
- Interact with in class polls
- Watch dual-stream HD video presentations and lectures on-demand
- Capture instructional videos right from the application
- Share fieldwork videos in subjects that get outside the traditional classroom or demonstrate practical competency in the field
- Enhance your course library with mobile learning content that can be shared in Echo360
Additional App Notes:
- Users must be registered within the Echo360’s newest active learning platform to use the Echo360 mobile app.
- The app supports video uploads in MP4, M4V, 3GP, and AVI files formats
* Stability update
Ratings and Reviews
GOOD BUT NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS
Every time I exit the app, the video restarts. Really?!
I like this app's simplicity, and I love being able to revise my lectures anywhere from my phone and iPad. However, here are a few areas of improvement that I look forward to seeing in future updates, that the current version lacks:
- Turning off the screen should not stop audio from playing! constantly having the screen on and playing video wastes device power and audio is a fantastic revision tool.
- Ability to rename lectures - week 1 may be perfectly manageable, however several weeks into the semester and I can imagine the simple date stamp name getting extremely confusing. This would also allow subject material to be more important than the timeline of lectures.
- Ability to download!! data, data, data.
- And last but not least, the app should remember where I was up to watching in the lecture. I exit the app for 20 seconds to reply to an email or take some notes, and every time I return to watching my lecture I have to navigate back to find where I was up to?! This drives me nuts haha.
Please consider these suggestions and thank you very much for reading my feedback.
Great idea, terrible execution.
In theory this app would be great for those with peak internet download restrictions. Stay up late and download all the content off peak to watch any time. Unfortunately the app downloads so slowly that you will likely need to stay up multiple nights to get all of your files and if your password changes or you get an app update then all of your downloads disappear. Add this to a generally flakey interface and the seemingly random inability to log in for days at a time and you have a real time and data waster on your hands. Do yourself a favour and download your files on your pc and transfer them to your I device another way.. then delete this app and never look back.
Same as safari
I used to use this app last year to download and watch my lectures, but I think the past couple of updates have screwed it up. I use the Asia Pacific alternate login, however, now when I login the view of echo360 is the same as it were on a normal web browser or safari. After I log in there is still a bar at the top which says ‘echo360 login’. There is no UI as displayed in the images for this app and I’m unable to download the lectures. Please fix this as this app used to be a great study tool as I could watch lectures whenever and almost wherever I wanted!
Please do not use the alternate login as that does not get you to the actual application. We will be updating the login screen to remove that option.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.