Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy
By Big Daddy's Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and rule the galaxy?
A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build mighty spaceships. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy considering the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.
Eclipse other civilizations and lead your people to victory!
* Official iOS version of the 'Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy' boardgame
* Deep and challenging 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) gameplay
* 7 species with different strengths and weaknesses
* Customizable star systems, technology tree and ship designs
* Up to 6 players (human or AI)
* Asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* 3 AI difficulty levels
* In-game tutorial & manual
Eclipse received multiple awards:
* 2011 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Board Wargame Nominee
* 2011 Jogo do Ano Nominee
* 2012 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Golden Geek Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
* 2012 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
* 2012 JoTa Best Gamer Game Audience Award
* 2012 JUG Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
* 2012 Lys Passioné Winner
* 2012 Tric Trac Nominee
What's New in Version 1.11
- Game crashes in a bankruptcy area
- Game crashes when selecting a orbital during building
- Added a message with warning about coming bankrupcy
Good adaptation of the board game. However, the 'plasma missile' technology is a complete game-breaker. The AI equips them as soon as possible and becomes almost invincible. House rule them out in the board game, but in this version they make it unplayable at higher levels. Speaking of higher levels, the difficulty curve is slanted; playing against multiple AIs on anything other than the lowest setting also appears to affect probability; the system always scores higher, and has better board placement. The adaptation is good, but I strongly suggest the plasma missiles be removed and the 'randomness' repaired, because it's just too difficult to get anywhere otherwise.
Interface a little clunky and some minor bugs but otherwise an excellent strategy title. Can be quite challenging... Nice to see a decent sci-fi strat game in the store.
Excellent adaptation of the boardgame
True to the board game and well implemented.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 04 September 2013
- Version: 1.11
- Size: 158 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Big Daddy's Creations, Wspolnik S.C.
- © 2013 Big Daddy's Creations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.