Reading Eggs Eggy Words 100 is a FREE application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This is a sample version of what is featured in Eggy Words 250. You will receive access to the first 100 of 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Also available in the app store
- Reading Eggs Eggy Words 250 includes 10 levels with 25 words each, making a total of 250 sight words.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading
– comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 4 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 100 sight words.
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
“This is a wonderful app for learning sight words. My daughter loves it!”
“ Just like with Reading Eggs, my son uses this app independently all the time and finds it fun to play.”
“A motivational game to help your child remember their sight words.”
Updated for 64-bit compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Kids lose interest
I really like this app but, the levels take SO long the kids lose interest.
The delay between the words we are looking for, coupled with their infrequency, meant that no one could be bothered to wait for the next level and my son found it more fun to hit the incorrect objects / words just to have something happen.
The competition is Endless Reading, which does not have an as developmentally appropriate word list and is pricey, but my son wants to play it - and will keep playing it.
Wish it was better.
Great app, needs to be multi-profile
My 5 year old son loves this app. I would buy the full version if I knew that I could set it up for each of my kids. This version only allows for one person, would be heaps better if I could add another profile (or more). Otherwise I would have given this a much higher rating. Looks like full version only allows one profile too.
Good but could be better
My daughter likes playing this game a lot but the length of the game is too long. She is 5 and about to start kinder and loves learning but each level on this goes a little too long an she starts to get bored. Maybe if they only had to collect 10 or 15 of each egg in the beginning levels.
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 80.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blake eLearning 2012
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.