Reading Eggs Eggy Words 100 is a FREE application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This is a sample version of what is featured in Eggy Words 250. You will receive access to the first 100 of 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Also available in the app store
- Reading Eggs Eggy Words 250 includes 10 levels with 25 words each, making a total of 250 sight words.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading
– comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 4 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 100 sight words.
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
“This is a wonderful app for learning sight words. My daughter loves it!”
“ Just like with Reading Eggs, my son uses this app independently all the time and finds it fun to play.”
“A motivational game to help your child remember their sight words.”
Updated for 64-bit compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
My son loves this game and has made some progress, but we only get so far before he gets distracted by wanting to see eggs splat among other fun mishaps from deliberately picking the wrong thing. Please make it more fun to get it right than it is getting it wrong.
I like the idea of this game. However, my child finds it more fun to pick the objects that are not the chosen word. They go splat or squeal and are funny, while the chosen word just lights up. So we are not getting anywhere in the game because it is more fun to loose than win...
Great app but ....
This is a great little game but both my kids like the splat of the eggs when you get the words wrong. Need to swap this around or it is a waste of time as it becomes all about splitting the eggs only
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 70.5 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blake eLearning 2012
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.